Sign in to follow this  
europrodave

Consistent "Fatal Error"

Hello Fellow Simmers.I have been experiencing a frustration problem with my FS.All is going well at the departing airport, climb and cruising altitude but, sometime during the early stages of a Trans Atlantic flight, when I change the view through the menu bar, POOF.I get a window that says there has been a fatal error and the FS will restart.Is there a dll or some other download I need to include in FSX?I have Windows 7 64 bit with an INtel CORE i7 with 12 GB Ram.Any and all help will be greatly appreciated as I am as it stands now, unable to complete a flight *@#$!!?Cry.gifThanks in advance.David Bell

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

Hello Fellow Simmers.I have been experiencing a frustration problem with my FS.All is going well at the departing airport, climb and cruising altitude but, sometime during the early stages of a Trans Atlantic flight, when I change the view through the menu bar, POOF.I get a window that says there has been a fatal error and the FS will restart.Is there a dll or some other download I need to include in FSX?I have Windows 7 64 bit with an INtel CORE i7 with 12 GB Ram.Any and all help will be greatly appreciated as I am as it stands now, unable to complete a flight *@#$!!?Cry.gifThanks in advance.David Bell
Dave;Had the same problem. To fix it:1) Grab the file called uiautomationcore.dll available in my mediafire folder here: Download 2) Place it in your main "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" directory3) Fly around and switch windows constantly just because you can....Got to love Microsoft. Good luck.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Dave;Had the same problem. To fix it:1) Grab the file called uiautomationcore.dll available in my mediafire folder here: Download 2) Place it in your main "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" directory3) Fly around and switch windows constantly just because you can....Got to love Microsoft. Good luck.
Hey Matt.Can you clarify something? Do we need just download file you are suggesting and paste it into Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder or into DLL module folder?

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Good Morning Ed;I just put it in the main Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder.On a side note, it is interesting how this error cropped up. I was running a computer with Vista 64 maybe a year ago and noticed that it did its normal "windows update" thing. Next FSX session I started getting the crash when I changed windows. So something changed in their OS to cause this.Good luck Ed, please let us know if it doesn't work for you (not that there is anything else I can think of...)

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Good Morning Ed;I just put it in the main Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder.On a side note, it is interesting how this error cropped up. I was running a computer with Vista 64 maybe a year ago and noticed that it did its normal "windows update" thing. Next FSX session I started getting the crash when I changed windows. So something changed in their OS to cause this.Good luck Ed, please let us know if it doesn't work for you (not that there is anything else I can think of...)
Hello Matt.Thanks a lot. I'll keep you posted. See you en-route :(

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Hi Matt.After downloading that file I was unable to open it. Windows was looking for a program to open it which I couldn't figure out. Is there any easier way to open it or what program did you use for that?Thank you.

Hi Matt.After downloading that file I was unable to open it. Windows was looking for a program to open it which I couldn't figure out. Is there any easier way to open it or what program did you use for that?Thank you.
You're not opening it. You're placing the file you downloaded into your main FSX folder. The file is called UIAutomationCore.dll. You're downloading that file using whatever browser. Then grab wherever you saved that file and copy it (or move it) into your FSX directory.

You're not opening it. You're placing the file you downloaded into your main FSX folder. The file is called UIAutomationCore.dll. You're downloading that file using whatever browser. Then grab wherever you saved that file and copy it (or move it) into your FSX directory.
This is true. What I can't remember is whether or not I uploaded the .dll in a .zip or not, and unfortunately I can't access Mediafire right now.If so, it would have been the plain old Windows zip file that you should be able to open with Windows. Ed, if you don't get this resolved today send me a PM and I can email the actual .dll over to you as an attachment...Matt

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

This is true. What I can't remember is whether or not I uploaded the .dll in a .zip or not, and unfortunately I can't access Mediafire right now.If so, it would have been the plain old Windows zip file that you should be able to open with Windows. Ed, if you don't get this resolved today send me a PM and I can email the actual .dll over to you as an attachment...Matt
Hi fellows. I have just placed that file into FSX folder, looks like it took it. I'll try to give my Flight Sim a hard time and see if it crash :( Thanks for help. Will talk to you later.