My pc specs are below...I'm thinking about doing some OC to have better fps in regards to fsx..Therefore I'd like to know which cooling system would be a good and also if upgrading my RAM to Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte PC3-12800 12GB 3X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Triple Channel Memory would helpIntel Core I7 920 @ 2.674GB of RAM DDR3-1333MHZ XFX Radeon 5870 1GBASUS P6T S.1366 INT X58/ICH10R ATX 3PCIE X16CORSAIR PS CMPSU-850TX 850W POWER

Above 6 gb ram will likely make overclocking very difficult. You dont need more than 6 for fsx at least. Get the Redline in stead if you can, they are faster (6-8-6-24)Bjorn

Above 6 gb ram will likely make overclocking very difficult. You dont need more than 6 for fsx at least. Get the Redline in stead if you can, they are faster (6-8-6-24)Bjorn
Thx for the info ... Let me know what do you think about Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback 6GB 3X2GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 CL6-8-6-24 240PIN Triple Channel Memory Kitif and the Vantage ALC cpu cooling

Guest firehawk44

I think you should check the memory Qualified Vender List (QVL) for your MB (P6T) on the ASUS website to make sure the memory is compatible. I did not see your memory listed on the one list I looked at. I also think the Muskin website has a wizard for determining what memory is compatible for your MB/CPU. Your MB was made back in 2009 so it may not be compatible with the latest and greatest memory. I think the cooling system that came with your 920 CPU should be sufficient but the one you referenced got a decent review at GURU3D.com and the price for it is way under $100. What are your o/c'ing intentions? Changing the memory will not necessarily increase the oc'ing. You might get a little more extra but I doubt enough to warrant an upgrade. Like the other individual stated, you definitely do not need 12GB of RAM for anything. There's a lot of people in this forum who have the I7 920 cpu and they usually leave their system specs below their signature. Hopefully one of them will see your post and give you more advice. Just some suggestions.Best regards,Jim

Thanks for the info Jim...I'm only going to get 6GB and the OC is mainly for FSX and wants to achieve a stable 4.0... I wasn't even awr of QVL for my MB...

Mushkin Enhanced forum also have an unofficial compatibility list, should you not find your board in the wizard. I would think the Ridgeback is ok, but will they fit under the cpu cooler?! You should google a review or two for that cooler.B