Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danny124

FS2 CREW 2010 FOR WILCO 737 PIC (Voice Commander)

Hi FS2 Crew. Firstly i want to say what a great Add-on i just purchased. Makes it a little realistic for me, keeping up my practice for the real world commercial flying.Just wondered if you could help me with a few tweaks and bugs. Just done a test flight, and just had some minor issues..... 1. I done all the voice regongnition training on my computer, but it doesnt understand me sometimes i.e when saying 'ON'. it keeps thinking im saying one.2. When i going through the checklist, my computer opens up all kinds of programs, like the manuals, windows start menu popup, or gives me the menu asking if i want to Exit flight, continue, ect. Im wondering if there is something i can do to disable to stop that, so voice commands are only recognised in the flight sim only.3. When i did a test flight, i selected FO to take off, when i lined up on runway, and said 'You have control' he did nothing. I sat there for a minute or 2 and said it again, but no response. So i did the take off instead. as soon as i rotated, he start going through the approach checklist.4. Also will this software work ok with online flying. I normally use sqawakbox to fly online, just wondering if the voice regognition with conflict between the 2 programs...Thanks for reading Kind regardsDanny Asquith

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Dan,1. Try adjusting your pronunciation a bit and run the voice training again. Also see point #2.2. Your Windows Speech Recognizer is on. It must be "OFF" prior to loading the FS2Crew panel. There is also a checkbox in the Windows Speech Recognition properties page in the Control panel that says "Launch Speech Recognition on Startup"... make sure that is UNCHECKED.3. Not sure about three. I suspect you may have been in the wrong mode. Please double check the manual to make sure you're following the correct steps. 4. No problems with Squawkbox. Just make sure you link the soft mute button to your Squawkbox PTT button.... in other words, use the same button.Cheers,

hi thanks for your reply, tried all the suggestions and works really good. I have done the retrain of voice yet but will get round to it. with the sqauwkbox, i just turned on the voice controller on the fs2 crew panel momentarilly while speaking to ATC.Thanks for your helpKind regardsDaniel Asquith.