Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

Reduced Price for FS9 747-400F?

Is the B747-400F for the FS9 version of PMDG's QOTS available anywhere (other than PMDG)? I see it's still being sold for 29.95 on the PMDG website. It would be nice, given the fact that the price is finally being sold by PC Aviator and Aerosoft for $35, if PMDG reduced the price for the 400F addon to something around $19.95! I downloaded several 400F liveries from the PMDG website only to discover it isn't included with the main QOTS product (I picked up the 747-400x product at Best Buy a year ago (for $29.95, a real steal at the time). I in my haste to order the QOTS in case someone discovered their mistake and raised the price againneglected to notice that the 400F wasn't included in the FS9 version (G)!

Pay the price they are asking for, we did. You already got the QOTS cheaply so give something back to the worlds leading flightsim aircraft developer eh? :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

Pay the price they are asking for, we did. You already got the QOTS cheaply so give something back to the worlds leading flightsim aircraft developer eh? :(
You're kidding?! I wouldn't have paid the outrageous $69 price PMDG continued to charge, until just a couple of months ago, for QOTS years after they released the FSX version (as a number of payware FS2002 vendors did when FS2004 was released). I'm sure as heck not going allow myself to get ripped off for another $30 for an addon that by all rights ought to be offered to registered QOTS users as a free addon (or at the very least, at a reduced price) this late in the product's life cycle. In fact, if PMDG were to release the FS9 400F addon to QOTS as a free or discounted addon to registered users it would almost certainly encourage a good many folks, who were as put off at the sky high price QOTS previously sold for as I was, to finally purchase the product. It would be a win-win situation for all concerned! :(

You're kidding?! I wouldn't have paid the outrageous $69 price PMDG continued to charge, until just a couple of months ago, for QOTS years after they released the FSX version (as a number of payware FS2002 vendors did when FS2004 was released). I'm sure as heck not going allow myself to get ripped off for another $30 for an addon that by all rights ought to be offered to registered QOTS users as a free addon (or at the very least, at a reduced price) this late in the product's life cycle. In fact, if PMDG were to release the FS9 400F addon to QOTS as a free or discounted addon to registered users it would almost certainly encourage a good many folks, who were as put off at the sky high price QOTS previously sold for as I was, to finally purchase the product. It would be a win-win situation for all concerned! :(
Well, you're not PMDG nor can you set the price of their add-ons. If you go to the PMDG website it says very clearly on the -400 page that the -400F is NOT included; and it always has. Don't want to pay for it than you don't get the satisfaction to fly it. What else is there to say? Just because you feel you are entitled to something doesn't mean you are right. Some of us don't mind paying the price to keep PMDG in business and wanting to continue to produce add-ons for you to enjoy.

Well, you're not PMDG nor can you set the price of their add-ons. If you go to the PMDG website it says very clearly on the -400 page that the -400F is NOT included; and it always has. Don't want to pay for it than you don't get the satisfaction to fly it. What else is there to say? Just because you feel you are entitled to something doesn't mean you are right. Some of us don't mind paying the price to keep PMDG in business and wanting to continue to produce add-ons for you to enjoy.
You can get off your high horse, friend! I am well aware that I am not PMDG nor was I attempting to set the price for their addons. IT WAS STRICTLY A SUGGESTION, which, if you had taken a moment to think about it before jumping down my throat, might have occurred to you! Maybe YOU don't mind getting soaked for something that's been around as long as QOTS has been regardless of the quality, but I do! Particularly when you consider that when the FSX version, which includes the 400F variant, was released, it's asking price was less than FS9's version which doesn't!Please spare me your sarcasm in the future!Oh, and just for the record, I purchased QOTS (the FS9 version) from Aerosoft, not PMDG.

You can get off your high horse, friend! I am well aware that I am not PMDG nor was I attempting to set the price for their addons. IT WAS STRICTLY A SUGGESTION, which, if you had taken a moment to think about it before jumping down my throat, might have occurred to you! Maybe YOU don't mind getting soaked for something that's been around as long as QOTS has been regardless of the quality, but I do! Particularly when you consider that when the FSX version, which includes the 400F variant, was released, it's asking price was less than FS9's version which doesn't!Please spare me your sarcasm in the future!Oh, and just for the record, I purchased QOTS (the FS9 version) from Aerosoft, not PMDG.
It has nothing to do with sarcasm or jumping down your throat; it is the reality of the situation and always will be. You want to use something than you've got to pay the price for it. It is your personal determination to decide whether or not the price is justified.The price is lower because there is a bigger market for FSX; basic economies of scale. When you have a monopoly on the market you can do whatever your heart desires.