Sign in to follow this  
EK433B77W

HELP: Making RNAV Approaches in ADE9x for DXB

Hello all,I've just spent a little time over at the 'FSDeveloper.com' forums trying to work my way through making some RNAV STARs for DXB in accordance to the latest 2011 charts. After reading the topic over and over again I'm still having trouble enabling the approaches. The best I can do is add the Terminal Waypoints for the approach according to the 2011 Jeppesen Charts. If someone could please inform me via a 'Step by Step' method of how to allow these approaches to be flown in FS2004 would be much appreciated. I have spent countless hours searching and playing around on ADE9x and getting as far as adding the waypoints. Thanks in advance, EK433B77W.

Hmm...I presume you have studied the 192 page User Manual v.1.45 which comes with ADE9X. (There may be a more recent version). Chapter 13 will tell you all you need to know about setting up approaches. After that it is trial and error, in my case usually error because I did not read the manual closely enough. Good Luck!John

Supporter.png

John

Hmm...I presume you have studied the 192 page User Manual v.1.45 which comes with ADE9X. (There may be a more recent version). Chapter 13 will tell you all you need to know about setting up approaches. After that it is trial and error, in my case usually error because I did not read the manual closely enough. Good Luck!John
Hello John,Yes I have indeed read through the approach section of the Manual countless times, along with that of other sections of the manual, not to mention countless threads on ‘FSDeveloper.com’. Furthermore, neither the manual nor the threads explain EXACTLY how to do it (add an APP). Coming from an armatures point of view, it's all just a big bunch of definitions at the moment. Moreover, I've attached some images of my progress so far, Yes, I know it's not much but the process of not knowing what to do next is killing me. I've also attached the Jeppesen RWY 30 L & R chart for Dubai (DXB(OMDB)). Cheers, EK433B77W.

Well the first step must be to add a new approach. Assuming that the one you want does not yet exist. If you have not done that then in the menu use Approaches > Add Approach. Select Your runway and then the Approach Type and then the Fix and IAF details from the drop down lists. As I think you have found you need the fixes in place first. Once created it the details should show up on the right hand pane of the display. Now you will need to add the legs you want starting with an Initial Fix.Or are you past that point?

I think generally a STAR is not an approach. I would first do the approach, and then try to match up a given STAR to an approach transition, and add the legs as TF legs to the transition. In this case BUBOK is the "linking" waypoint. So I would create several transitions for both 30L and 30R ILSexample 30L ILSFAP is MODUSMA is PINGOIF SEDPOTF MODUSTF D1.0 (need to create unnamed TWP for this)TF RW30LmissedCA 3000ftDF PINGOHM PINGO 120full transitionsBUBOK withIF BUBOKTF SEDPOBUBIN withIF BUBINTF SODADTF BUBOKTF SEDPOetc for other star routes. Note that for an ILS approach, ATC won't offer any of these transitions to the user aircraft (though they show up in the GPS). (For the most part in a full transition ATC only offers them on ILS if they start at a VOR.) There does appear to be an RNAV approach at least for 30R, so if you do this as RNAV and GPS approaches (FS treats these as separate approaches) ATC will offer the transitions.scott s..

I think generally a STAR is not an approach. I would first do the approach, and then try to match up a given STAR to an approach transition, and add the legs as TF legs to the transition. In this case BUBOK is the "linking" waypoint. So I would create several transitions for both 30L and 30R ILSexample 30L ILSFAP is MODUSMA is PINGOIF SEDPOTF MODUSTF D1.0 (need to create unnamed TWP for this)TF RW30LmissedCA 3000ftDF PINGOHM PINGO 120full transitionsBUBOK withIF BUBOKTF SEDPOBUBIN withIF BUBINTF SODADTF BUBOKTF SEDPOetc for other star routes. Note that for an ILS approach, ATC won't offer any of these transitions to the user aircraft (though they show up in the GPS). (For the most part in a full transition ATC only offers them on ILS if they start at a VOR.) There does appear to be an RNAV approach at least for 30R, so if you do this as RNAV and GPS approaches (FS treats these as separate approaches) ATC will offer the transitions.scott s..
G'day Scott,Thanks for your comment, I followed your instructions listed above and this is what I came out with (See attached image). As you can see the Missed Approach pattern is not quite the same as depicted on the APP Plate, so could you please guide me through the process of ensureing that it is? I've also attached the XML. Thanks again for your assistance mate, it’s been much appreciated. Cheers,EK433B77W.