Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyawayboy777

Blueprint KLAX Help!

Guest flyawayboy777

Hello there! I recently purchased the new Blueprint Simulations KLAX for FSX. It is a great, worth buying product, but I wanted to tweak it a bit. Regularly, AI follows the tailwind landing. That basically means that the AI takes off of runways 7L, 7R, 6R. They land on 7L, 7R, 6L, 6R. That isn't used in most real world flights. Planes take-off and land from runways 24R, 24L, 25R, and 25L. Can some developer create a BGL to make the AI traffic take off from runways 24R, 24L, 25R, and 25L? This would be greatly appreciated!!!Sincerely,Rohan PatelIf you have a fix or any ideas, please post it on this topic or email me at rohan747@gmail.com. Thank You VERY much!

Hello there! I recently purchased the new Blueprint Simulations KLAX for FSX. It is a great, worth buying product, but I wanted to tweak it a bit. Regularly, AI follows the tailwind landing. That basically means that the AI takes off of runways 7L, 7R, 6R. They land on 7L, 7R, 6L, 6R. That isn't used in most real world flights. Planes take-off and land from runways 24R, 24L, 25R, and 25L. Can some developer create a BGL to make the AI traffic take off from runways 24R, 24L, 25R, and 25L? This would be greatly appreciated!!!Sincerely,Rohan PatelIf you have a fix or any ideas, please post it on this topic or email me at rohan747@gmail.com. Thank You VERY much!
Rohan, I wouldn't post your email address for everyone to see if I were you. Perhaps you should edit your message and delete it and tell people to contact you via PM if you want to share it.On the other thing, about the planes landing, they should land on the appropriate runways provided the winds are comming from the correct direction in FSX. Have you tried manually switching the winds to see if you can get the AI to land on the runways you want? If the wind is a crosswind in FSX but it more in favor of using the 6 and 7 runways based on the direction the wind is blowing, then that is what FSX will assign them to land.As an example, St. Maarten has a runway 10/28. Even though in real life all the heavies are brought in on runway 10, sometimes in FSX if the wind is favoring runway 28 by 1 degree, then FSX will assign that runway, even though in ral life you wouldnt bring a 744 in from that direction. There is a way in ADE to assign runways to only land and take off from certain ones, but having tried it on the TNCM afcad it didn't seem to make a difference if the wind was blowing slightly from the other direction.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

KLAX aka The mess to my west!As I understand things, the primary ends control the priority. Default file has the 6/7s as primary. I'm hoping to go in and swap things around to list 24/25 as primary runways. It might sound like a simple task, using some airport tool, but I wouldn't undertake it. So there is 32,000+ lines of XML code to go through. Then when it's done I'll send to it you, Sean so that it can be tested on UT2. I have UT2, but it's not operational. Using WOAI instead.I've mentioned a few times in the past years that I've never seen a plane take off over the San Diego Freeway (6s and 7s), so I'd like to see that in-sim. What would be nice is to be able to code it so that the overnight traffic lands on the 6s/7s, while still using 24s/25s for takeoff. The people of Compton deserve a good night's rest! But I've never seen anything that would allow that to happen. But I'm pretty sure it could be done through Simconnect, maybe! :(

The people of Compton deserve a good night's rest!
I drove thru there once at night and it was one of the scariest experiences of my life. Frankly, I am surprised that I made it out of there without getting carjacked, kidnapped, robbed, or killed. :( Maybe its different these days, but back in the late 80's it was a place to avoid at night.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest flyawayboy777
I drove thru there once at night and it was one of the scariest experiences of my life. Frankly, I am surprised that I made it out of there without getting carjacked, kidnapped, robbed, or killed. :( Maybe its different these days, but back in the late 80's it was a place to avoid at night.
Very True! Good thing I don't stick around near Compton.
Rohan, I wouldn't post your email address for everyone to see if I were you. Perhaps you should edit your message and delete it and tell people to contact you via PM if you want to share it.On the other thing, about the planes landing, they should land on the appropriate runways provided the winds are comming from the correct direction in FSX. Have you tried manually switching the winds to see if you can get the AI to land on the runways you want? If the wind is a crosswind in FSX but it more in favor of using the 6 and 7 runways based on the direction the wind is blowing, then that is what FSX will assign them to land.As an example, St. Maarten has a runway 10/28. Even though in real life all the heavies are brought in on runway 10, sometimes in FSX if the wind is favoring runway 28 by 1 degree, then FSX will assign that runway, even though in ral life you wouldnt bring a 744 in from that direction. There is a way in ADE to assign runways to only land and take off from certain ones, but having tried it on the TNCM afcad it didn't seem to make a difference if the wind was blowing slightly from the other direction.
Thanks for the tip and the little advise! I will give it a shot and see. Would light winds make the planes change direction? Or, do you need heavy, cause I am not a good cross wind lander!

I don't fly the tubes, because there's this landing thing that always messes me up, but try setting a 10-15mph from the west and see if it turns the runways around. Most times the wind IS from the west, off the ocean. When the heavy winds hit SoCal they are from the north or northeast. But the flat nature of the terrain around LAX doesn't impact the area that much. Ontario is out east and when the Santa Ana winds are blowing they switch the airport, as the wind gusts would have a big impact on the landing planes.

KLAX aka The mess to my west!As I understand things, the primary ends control the priority. Default file has the 6/7s as primary. I'm hoping to go in and swap things around to list 24/25 as primary runways. It might sound like a simple task, using some airport tool, but I wouldn't undertake it. So there is 32,000+ lines of XML code to go through. Then when it's done I'll send to it you, Sean so that it can be tested on UT2. I have UT2, but it's not operational. Using WOAI instead.I've mentioned a few times in the past years that I've never seen a plane take off over the San Diego Freeway (6s and 7s), so I'd like to see that in-sim. What would be nice is to be able to code it so that the overnight traffic lands on the 6s/7s, while still using 24s/25s for takeoff. The people of Compton deserve a good night's rest! But I've never seen anything that would allow that to happen. But I'm pretty sure it could be done through Simconnect, maybe! :(
I live very close to LAX, and I have been here for about 3 years now. I can only think of one day where the runways were turned around and the aircraft were landing/departing from the 6 and 7 runways. From what I understand, it is a big hassle to turn the airport around, so they will only do it if absolutely necessary.

Guest flyawayboy777
Thanks for you effort! Greatly helpful!
I live very close to LAX, and I have been here for about 3 years now. I can only think of one day where the runways were turned around and the aircraft were landing/departing from the 6 and 7 runways. From what I understand, it is a big hassle to turn the airport around, so they will only do it if absolutely necessary.
I live really close to LAX and I only saw this runway turn around happen once, too. It would be greatly appreciated if someone can make a fix for this on the sim. I am so used to landing on 24L. PLEASE make a fix ASAP

I live really close to LAX and I only saw this runway turn around happen once, too. It would be greatly appreciated if someone can make a fix for this on the sim. I am so used to landing on 24L. PLEASE make a fix ASAP
Since you're local, I'll work a deal with you. Drive east about 60 miles and paint the outside of my house and I'll pour through the XML code that needs to be reversed while you're painting. As I mentioned, there's 32,000 lines to the "stock" airport and no guarantee that it will work. But no harm trying, when time allows!Mine will be the house with the new lawn, as the last of the sod shows up in a couple of hours! :(

Guest flyawayboy777
Since you're local, I'll work a deal with you. Drive east about 60 miles and paint the outside of my house and I'll pour through the XML code that needs to be reversed while you're painting. As I mentioned, there's 32,000 lines to the "stock" airport and no guarantee that it will work. But no harm trying, when time allows!Mine will be the house with the new lawn, as the last of the sod shows up in a couple of hours! :(
not so sure about the house painting, but it would be GREATLY appreciated if you can create it as freeware! THANKS

Operating the 6s and 7s happens a few times a year, mainly when the Santa Ana winds are blowing strong.

:( They also use the 6 & 7's for night landings. Noise restrictions. I also lived near LAX and worked for a major airline. :(

Guest flyawayboy777

I tested the AI when the winds were strong and were coming form the west but still the AI didn't change their path!

Guest flyawayboy777

Set the winds to the east and the AI flies straight out from the 24 and 25 runways like a charm! :D thanks for they help guys