Sign in to follow this  
NGXfanatic

Upcoming PMDG NGX

Hi Bryan, with the long awaited PMDG NGX arriving in the near future, I wanted to know when you expect to release the FS2crew button/voice control module for it. Will it be the same day or shortly thereafter?Are you privy to the beta team, so that the FS2crew module could debut about the same time as RTM?FS2crew will be icing on the cake of course, and a must have purchase, but even if it takes some time after NGX release, that is no big deal because it may be beneficial to the user to learn to operate all the systems by themselves first before relying on the FO. I believe you said PMDG will offer an SDK to make programming easier for you and other third party developers, I hope that is still the case. After hearing all the raves for your implementation for the iFLY 737, I can't wait to see what is in store for what will be the greatest, most complete Flight Simulator aircraft simulation of all time!

Hi Bryan, with the long awaited PMDG NGX arriving in the near future, I wanted to know when you expect to release the FS2crew button/voice control module for it. Will it be the same day or shortly thereafter?Are you privy to the beta team, so that the FS2crew module could debut about the same time as RTM?FS2crew will be icing on the cake of course, and a must have purchase, but even if it takes some time after NGX release, that is no big deal because it may be beneficial to the user to learn to operate all the systems by themselves first before relying on the FO. I believe you said PMDG will offer an SDK to make programming easier for you and other third party developers, I hope that is still the case. After hearing all the raves for your implementation for the iFLY 737, I can't wait to see what is in store for what will be the greatest, most complete Flight Simulator aircraft simulation of all time!
Hi,You guys know as much as I know about the PMDG NGX. Batman and Robin (RSR and Ryan) over at PMDG are really keeping this one under tight wraps for now.However, it's supposed to have an SDK, but I'll believe it when I see it.Basically the way it'll work is this: The SDK (if there is one) is key. If it's as good as the iFly's SDK, then it should just be a matter of swapping the SDK into the current iFly 737 version.If that's possible, then you should have an FS2Crew for the PMDG very quickly.In terms of functionality, it'll be the same as the iFly version. The iFly version of FS2Crew is about as technically accurate as we can reasonable make a 737 crew simulation.Our 737 consultant has spent literally hundreds of hours on the thing going over all the flows and tiny details.So the core infrastructure is in place.Cheers,

great news Bryan! I saw Robin reply to someone on the PMDG forum that the SDK should offer the depth of programming necessary to get into the innards of their simulation, so that seems to bode well for your efforts!Got my credit card ready for both the NGX and the FS2crew module, I can't imagine flying any serious tubeliner in FSX without it. It's nice to have a 2nd set of eyes and hands in our busy cockpits, we are extremely grateful for your work.