Sign in to follow this  
farid

FSX How can set Time On FSX set by GMT Automatically?

Hellodoes any one know ,how can is set my FSX for one time can updated automatically after that ?every time i open FSX its different time Showing up ,and not match with UTC or My PC time !i want to fine some way that FSX clock set always by GMT time Thank you in advance

Yeah, mine is always a different time as well when I open FSX. However, I have found that rolling the little wheel on my mouse one or two clicks forward or backward to correct it hasn't caused me much trouble over the past few years. :( On a serious note, I think there is a utility for this that will sync FSX to your clock, but for me its so easy to just set the time manually that I never tried it. If I can find it I will post the link.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

after I load into every flight (am sitting in the cockpit) I simply go into the World -> Time & Season menu and click the Reset button, which sets the date and time to my system clock. Easy enough IMO

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

after I load into every flight (am sitting in the cockpit) I simply go into the World -> Time & Season menu and click the Reset button, which sets the date and time to my system clock. Easy enough IMO
That's even easier than my method of going into the World -> Time & Season menu and rolling over the hour a few times, haha.

Or there is a General option that sets FS to use System Time.

I have mine set to that, but it seems to always be off by one hour or two, in either direction. I've never found it to be much of a hassell to just set the time manually since it only takes a few seconds.

Hi,Are you loading right into a saved flight? If yes, then you need to resave the default flight each time the time changes for DST.

Hello what you mean system type ,?this mean my PC time?how its working exactly??

Hi,Yes that is the option I was refering to. So when you start FSX the time of the flight will be the time on your computer.

This problem happens this time of year, it's because of the early change to daylight savings time started in 2007, after FSX was developed. Resulting in timezones being messed up until the 1st week in April. (Usually off by one hour behind local time.) This is why UT2 includes the timezone function in their product, to keep it in sync. Without that just set the clock one hour behind to match UTC time, until after this Sunday (I believe) which would have been the normal date to change to DST before 2007.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d