Sign in to follow this  
Best

FSX settings question

I was told that I should set my FPS to unlimited in order to get better frame rate but every time I do this the graphics setting under display settings goes to zero. This is after a new PC build and new windows 7 install so I get fly the new NG. I get jagged edges as well and cant seem to get rid of them. Is it possible to have both FPS and graphics at top end how do you get rid of jagged edges?

George Lee

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Geforce GTX 1080, Corsair 16Gb memory, Corsair case, Corsair PSU

Do you have addon scenery and addon planes? How many FPS do you get in averge?

I was told that I should set my FPS to unlimited in order to get better frame rate but every time I do this the graphics setting under display settings goes to zero. This is after a new PC build and new windows 7 install so I get fly the new NG. I get jagged edges as well and cant seem to get rid of them. Is it possible to have both FPS and graphics at top end how do you get rid of jagged edges?

Setting the ingame FPS limiter to unlimited, does give FSX some extra power to load the scenery, although this may create many stutters, and there for it may be a good idea to run an external fps limiter which then can limit the FPS to 30, and still having the extra loading power.FPS_Limiter_0.2 can be downloaded here: Link

For me the best results are with FPS locked internally at 30. Also, did you tweak your fsg with Bojote's online tweaker?http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlAlso, the post by Ryan at the top of this forum about settings for Nvidia inspector is a must to improve IQ in FSX.Hope this helps

FPS at unlimited is a must. I easily get 5+ more FPS. I have seen FSX.cfg modifications that get rid of the "blurries."As for the external FPS limiters, I haven't been able to get those to work.

FPS at unlimited is a must. I easily get 5+ more FPS. I have seen FSX.cfg modifications that get rid of the "blurries."As for the external FPS limiters, I haven't been able to get those to work.
On my rig when I am flying complex a/c I always leave mine set at unlimited and that gives me the best performance with no stutters or bluries. However, if I lock the FPS using the same a/c in a dense area, I get blurries and stutters.The only time I lock FPS are when I am flying simple, FPS friendly g/a aircraft. In that situation I have to lock the FPS otherwise I get FPS jumping between 30 to 80 and it gives me stutters.Personally, I have never used the external FPS limited becuase I have never really had a need to use more that what FSX already provides based on what type of a/c I am flying or what scenario I am in.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

FPS at unlimited for me also and works best with all my a/c and scenery.As for external FPS limiters they cause a big problem for me when using dual monitors. If set externally at 30 FPS, this is then divided down for each window I move to the second monitor.A couple of windows on the second monitor and FPS drops to an unusable rate :(

I do have lots of addon scenery and PMDG addon planes. My FPS when set to unlimited is around 40-50 FPS. So frames are good but why graphics settings slider goes to zero. where do I download the inspector is this gonna fix the problem.

George Lee

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Geforce GTX 1080, Corsair 16Gb memory, Corsair case, Corsair PSU

You might wanna try saving your display settings. FSX Sometimes screws up you display settings when adding new scenery because of the scenery's nature.So whenever I add a new airport/vfr scenery, I load my FSX Settings again.Cheers!

Hi just to add my thought i got mine set and with no stutters at all so depends on ur pc is what is best suited for u so trial and error

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg