Sign in to follow this  
737727Nut

New PC built and FSX running. WOW!

Well i built the system below for 1006.00 shipped,I5-2500K OC at 4.3G nowCoolmaster 212+ASRock ExtremeB4Crucial SSD G Skill 8G 1600MhzRoseHill 3 fan CaseMSI 460GTX 1GB OC PCI-E 16 760W semi modular pwr supplyUsing WIN7 64-bit, FSX and Acceleration pack STOCK fsx.cfg!Sliders MAXED!50% Traffic1280x720 PJDefault 737With the SSD = SUPER FAST load times!!I have my slider set to 31FPS, My FPS is glued to 30.9 in all modes and views. I have more testing to do in heavy scenery areas but so far it shows no signs of stuttering and blurries or pop-up objects. SUPER FLUID motion! Even the view panning is fast!I'm pleased and in heaven now with the performance I am getting. I HIGHLY recommend this set-up. If I tweak the CFG, Win7 and bump the OC, Just imagine!Rob

I'd suggest unlocking frames and either using an external limiter or using non at all. I have no blurry problems and my performance in heavier scenarios is much better with unlocked frames. Then again, "if it ain't broke..."I'm glad you're happy with your system. Great price you built it for! Now all you need is a large HD monitor. Unless PJ stands for projector... In that case, nevermind! :Drooling:

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

yes, PJ =projector. I did a test with 3 views open in heavy clouds using real weather, 30.8 on takeoff roll. Just after rotation, dropped as low as 20 but averaged 28. Was smooth with no stutters at all. That made me smile as i plan on using 3 PJ's in the future. Hope this helps some people out there as it shows you don't have to spend a fortune to get very good performance out of FSX!Rob

Just did some test, used the CFG i made then(#1)and then the one created by this site(#2) which is *******'s editor, http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlUnlimited frame setting, Default 737, Fair weather, at KIND As reported these are the Average FPS!!!!Sitting on ground#1) 125#2) 155Flying at 250kts 3500ft#1) 180#2) 205!!!!The sim is insanely smooth but remember, i have NO add-on's installed yet. This is stock scenery and clouds. Still though i am very pleased.Rob

Guest Kosta

Pretty normal FPS for a naked FSX. Start putting some addons in :Big Grin: