Sign in to follow this  
Big777jet

Search engine doesn't pick it up right

Hi AVSim Staffs:I emailed to AVSIM staff about mispelling airline name from T'Wair to T'Way Air. I thank you very much for corrected. I test to type in search type "T'Way" it doesn't find it. I tried "TWAY" doesn't find it. I tried without (") > T'Way <. It still doesn't pick it up the word. How it did happen your search engine failure to find the each letter and feature " ' "?Maybe you need something to fix programmer to properly search engine to get it right pick it up.Thanks,Stuart

Hi AVSim Staffs:I emailed to AVSIM staff about mispelling airline name from T'Wair to T'Way Air. I thank you very much for corrected. I test to type in search type "T'Way" it doesn't find it. I tried "TWAY" doesn't find it. I tried without (") > T'Way <. It still doesn't pick it up the word. How it did happen your search engine failure to find the each letter and feature " ' "?Maybe you need something to fix programmer to properly search engine to get it right pick it up.Thanks,Stuart
I just tried it using the Advanced Search option and put this in the Name or Description field - "T'Way Air" - note the quotation marks around the name.This is what came up:http://library.avsim...hor=&CatID=root Is that what you expected to find?

Opa,Nope. not that one. Try File download ID # 152826.Stuart
If I use "T'Way Boeing" (note the quotation marks) in the Advanced Search, it does return that file (152826)

If I use "T'Way Boeing" (note the quotation marks) in the Advanced Search, it does return that file (152826)
I understand that what if someone else using "T'Way" why doesn't work? Why should use Boeing? There are over 5,000 files word of Boeing in the library.StuartI forgot to tell you that I just did pull menu down "Flight Simulator 2004 AI Aircraft" with quote "T'Way" it doesn't pick it up at all. Stuart

Anybody? Can staff fix this issue yet? Stuart
The search issue is caused by the ' character in the title of T'way. We are unable to modify the search function to accommodate this at the present time.Just implement Opa's suggestion - "t'way boeing" - it works well.

The search issue is caused by the ' character in the title of T'way. We are unable to modify the search function to accommodate this at the present time.Just implement Opa's suggestion - "t'way boeing" - it works well.
I know but what if other person who types "T'Way" will not able to find it for sure. Most people don't use "United Boeing", "Delta Airbus" and go on. I never use this. I don't know why. Maybe you should modify the library file again and change to TWay instead of T'Way. Maybe someone might try TWay and find it. What do you think? Thanks again,Stuart

I know but what if other person who types "T'Way" will not able to find it for sure. Most people don't use "United Boeing", "Delta Airbus" and go on. I never use this. I don't know why. Maybe you should modify the library file again and change to TWay instead of T'Way. Maybe someone might try TWay and find it. What do you think? Thanks again,Stuart
I've modified the file so that it comes up when someone types in Tway as well. I haven't changed the title so it's still 'T'Way Boeing 737-800w'.