Sign in to follow this  
shermank

WOAI FSX AND WIN 7 PROBLEMS

Woai fsx and windows 7 home premium install issues I have googled and checked the forums here and elsewhere for a specific answer to my persistent problem. I will recount as best I can what I have done, and the result: 1: Process WOAI zip files with the WOAI installer 2.4 2: Convert resultant bgl files using AIFP, to make sure that all bgls within scenery/world scenery are fsx compatible, with no FS9 intrusions. 3. Start FSX, watch it build new scenery and data base files. I get to the opening screen and set up for my default flight. Somewhere in this process I receive a pop up box message "file not found" followed by an error message reporting out of memory issues, telling me to restart FSX and close other programs. I have 4 gigs of memory and according to Windows Task Manager there is no memory issue. That is the problem. As a partial solution, I have removed the new WOAI bgl files and reboot normally. But, I think there may be an issue with WOAI and/or AIFP finding the applicable files in the user/microsoft/fsx folders of W7. I have gone in and gained administrative permissions for all of my user folders. But, this does not seem to have resolve my issues. I know there are some very sharp people here who usually come to the rescue. I hope you can give me some advice on this. One more thought...I am willing to buy either of the two major commercial AI traffic programs if there is no resolution to the WOAI issue, but I am hesitant to do so for concern that I will run into the very same installation and FSX operational problems. In my search for answers, I have read on this forum and flightsim that people have successfully installed and used WOAI with FSX and W7. What are they doing, that I am not able to do? As always, thanks for your advice and assistance. Sherm

bumpty bump...anyone with W7 and WOAI experience....sorry to nag...getting desperate....:-)Sherm

bumpty bump...anyone with W7 and WOAI experience....sorry to nag...getting desperate....:-)Sherm
Sorry, I use UT2, trouble free :-)

Jay

Sherm,I'm one of those that uses WOAI, W7-64, w/o problems. Since I just run the installer, I suspect that the problem may be with your #2 step. Have you tried omitting it? Trying to help.Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Sherm,I'm one of those that uses WOAI, W7-64, w/o problems. Since I just run the installer, I suspect that the problem may be with your #2 step. Have you tried omitting it? Trying to help.Dave Vega
thanks, Dave. I was actually thinking the problem might lie with the FPAI and your suggestion is valid. But, will fs9 traffic bgls show up in FSX?Sherm
Sorry, I use UT2, trouble free :-)
hi Jay. Are you using UT2 with a Windows 7 setup on FSX? thanks...Sherm

I don't know if fs9 traffic bgls would show up in FSX, I don't see anything out of the ordinary, just AI traffic. I would recommend you try it and see. Regards,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Make sure when you convert your traffic files to select the "delete fs9 files after conversion" option.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD