Sign in to follow this  
Holgi

Fuel Pumps management

Hi Bryan,just back from a jump seat ride to Ibiza :-) I asked my friend who is a first officer (737NG) a lot of questions. He said that nowadays there a not the limitations to switch off the fuel pumps for TO if less then 2400kg in the CTR-tank. Further more, they can be exhausted completely (the limitation of remaining 500kg is as well only for the older NG´s)Do you see a chance to update this or to add a option that have the choice which procedure we prefer?Thanks,Holger

Hi Bryan,I don´t know what system do you mean....The only differences to the newer fuel pumps is that you can completely exhauste the Center-Tank and that there is no longer a need to turn off the Center-Pumps for take off if fuel is less than 2400kg in the Center Tank. I double checked it with another source (real Ryanair Pilot) and here is what he wrote:"On some of the 737ng (the oldest) you can find the placard with the limitation for the ctr pumps. There are very few if none left now. If i remember correctly, you were supposed to leave the ctr pumps off for takeoff if fuel in the ctr tank was less than 2500kgs, then on crossing 10000feet in climb, xfeed open right ctr pump with fuel less than 453kgs but ctr pumps off for descend if less than 1000kgs in the ctr tank.Otherwise with the new pumps there are no such limitations, just to use the ctr pumps if more than 500kgs in the ctr tank, mandatory if more than 1000kgs. No restriction for landing." So in my understanding there is no longer a need to turn off the Center Pumps for TO and no need to turn the Center Pumps off if less than 500kg. So you can completely exhauste the Center Tank and simply turn the Center Pumps off if the tank is empty... Cheers,Holger

Hi Bryan,I don´t know what system do you mean....The only differences to the newer fuel pumps is that you can completely exhauste the Center-Tank and that there is no longer a need to turn off the Center-Pumps for take off if fuel is less than 2400kg in the Center Tank. I double checked it with another source (real Ryanair Pilot) and here is what he wrote:"On some of the 737ng (the oldest) you can find the placard with the limitation for the ctr pumps. There are very few if none left now. If i remember correctly, you were supposed to leave the ctr pumps off for takeoff if fuel in the ctr tank was less than 2500kgs, then on crossing 10000feet in climb, xfeed open right ctr pump with fuel less than 453kgs but ctr pumps off for descend if less than 1000kgs in the ctr tank.Otherwise with the new pumps there are no such limitations, just to use the ctr pumps if more than 500kgs in the ctr tank, mandatory if more than 1000kgs. No restriction for landing." So in my understanding there is no longer a need to turn off the Center Pumps for TO and no need to turn the Center Pumps off if less than 500kg. So you can completely exhauste the Center Tank and simply turn the Center Pumps off if the tank is empty... Cheers,Holger
Hi Holger,The iFly 737 does not model the Option with Center Tank Fuel Pump Auto-shutoff, Where each center tank pump will automatically shut off, after a short delay, when that pump’s sensor detects low output pressure. With the main tank fuel pump No. 1 FWD Switch ON, the center tank fuel scavenge jet pump operates automatically to transfer any remaining center tank fuel to main tank No. 1. Fuel transfer begins when main tank No. 1 quantity is about one-half. Once the fuel scavenge process begins, it continues for the remainder of the flight so eventually the center tank fuel is completely exhausted. Regards

Hi Damien, hi Bryan!The way the IFLY737 fuel pumps work is almost like in reality except of the transfer things which you however don´t need to simulate it in the way it is now on the newer (fuel pumps) NG´s.Meanwhile I saw it several times (jump-seat flights) and what you see is the same like in the IFLY simulation. After the center tank is exhausted completely, the yellow caution illuminates. My friend (737NG FO) also told me that the center pumps stop working automatically when the center is empty BUT you have to switch off the center pumps switches manually. So it is almost the same like in the IFLY737. The only differences to IFLY I have noticed is that in the real NG the yellow caution is flickering whereas in the IFLY simulation the caution is a steady yellow light.I think it should not be a problem to simulate it in the way I suppose to. It is very simple and it can be done with the IFLY!I don´t request new action or commands. All I want is, that there is a otpion that FO don´t switch off the center pumps for TO and that he also don´t turn off the pumps if less than 500kg in the center tank. I can switch off the center pumps myselve once they are exhausted...Thanks,Holger

Hi Damien, hi Bryan!The way the IFLY737 fuel pumps work is almost like in reality except of the transfer things which you however don´t need to simulate it in the way it is now on the newer (fuel pumps) NG´s.Meanwhile I saw it several times (jump-seat flights) and what you see is the same like in the IFLY simulation. After the center tank is exhausted completely, the yellow caution illuminates. My friend (737NG FO) also told me that the center pumps stop working automatically when the center is empty BUT you have to switch off the center pumps switches manually. So it is almost the same like in the IFLY737. The only differences to IFLY I have noticed is that in the real NG the yellow caution is flickering whereas in the IFLY simulation the caution is a steady yellow light.I think it should not be a problem to simulate it in the way I suppose to. It is very simple and it can be done with the IFLY!I don´t request new action or commands. All I want is, that there is a otpion that FO don´t switch off the center pumps for TO and that he also don´t turn off the pumps if less than 500kg in the center tank. I can switch off the center pumps myselve once they are exhausted...Thanks,Holger
Hi Holger,I'll consider the request.Cheers,

Thank you very much Bryan!And don´t be afraid, my next request will not be the complete Ryanair or Tuifly flow :( You know, I´m a big fan of your voice commander tool (got them all!). I really appreciate it when developer care for the user´s concerns!Thumbs up!Holger