You know, I often have the same experience after a fresh install with my $39.00 Seagate disk drive. :Big Grin:Darem, please report back to us in 30 days.

LOL, just noticed how poorly worded my last post was. I meant to say what did you move to the SSD's: the OS, FSX, everything, and how you did that, because in a SSD you want the partitions aligned or performance will be much worse than it should be.Cloning a HDD into an SSD can lead to a misaligned partition

Ok, hope I understood now:2x256 SSD in the system now.C: is 70GB for system and the necessary programs other than flightsim (Office, mail etc.) on SSD 1.E: is 160GB for "supporting acts", programs that change or enhance data in FSX like REX, GEX and PFE on SSD 1.D: is 240GB for FSX and addons.It is a fresh install, everything built from the scratch.only other drive that's still connected to the system is my Netgear ReadyNAS for storage and backups.@FunknNasty: big frameeaters are installed. No fragmentation to occur - so I don't expect a slowdown later (btw, I have installed FSX a gazillion times, I know how it feels after a fresh install and can compare that). And as I said, the enhancements aren't visible in the FPS, but in smoothness, sharpness and obscenely short l0oading times. And the absence of pops and crackles (which I didn't expect to happen).

If it's a fresh install of Win 7, FSX and everything else aligment will not be a problem. You may want to disable hibernation and disk indexing for all the SSD partitions if you haven't already to save some space and avoid unnecesary writes.Enjoy your new toys!

If it's a fresh install of Win 7, FSX and everything else aligment will not be a problem. You may want to disable hibernation and disk indexing for all the SSD partitions if you haven't already to save some space and avoid unnecesary writes.Enjoy your new toys!
These are some of the first things I do, in addition to disabling defender :-).

I know that blurries can have many causes, amongst them each single bottleneck you can think of *g*, but nevertheless my question:My system:Q9550 oced to 3,41GHz8GB 1066 DDR2 RAM285GTX 2 GBrunning 1920x1080standard 5400rpm hard drivesWin 7 Ultimate 64bitsystem is pretty well tuned, running a load of addons and secondary programs. I am happy with FPS and fluidity of the scenery, but I encounter a lot of blurries when using photoscenery - as well as terrain popping with detailed meshes. Blurries aren't severe, but I'd say they are app. 2 or 3 levels above a crisp picture.My question is: would SSDs for FSX (thinking of two OCZ Vortex 2 120GB for system and secondary FSX disk, a OCZ Vortex 2 240GB as primary FSX disk) eliminate blurries for THIS system? I am not concerned about FPS, just about blurries.And yes, I know that this might probably be overkill for the system, but I intend to buy a top-notch PC in autumn and would transfer the SSD to the new machine then. All I am interested in is whether I could expect some benefit from the SSDs now or not - if not, I would wait until I buy the new PC hoping that they will be cheaper then.Your input is highly appreciated.Best,Bernhard
I have a 10K RPM drive that FSX is loaded on, and have no blurries. My situation improved when I:1. Changed to DDR3 memory, running w/ tight timings2. Used Bejote's tricks, for the most part3. Discovered FPS_Limiter.exe to eliminate surges I while running FSX internally in UNLIMITED modeI convinced myself that in my particular system, the drive didn't matter a whole lot: I used to have a 15,000RPM SCSI that I had FSX loaded on, and got tired of the prolonged boot time w/ the SCSI drive (SSD--yeah!), so put it into a difference machine. The 10K drive works the same as far as FSX goes. My next rig will sport SSD drives, and hopefully that won't be for another 2y or so. My current rig is ok fine for FSX and everything else. It looks like you went from some very weak drives tho, so no wonder the improvement.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I like my SSD because it loads FSX very quick with LOD 8.5. That's the only reason. I didn't like the price lol!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just did a flight from LOWW to EDDM with an A319. EDDM is pretty demanding, especially with AI Traffic and ground traffic, and embedded into photoscenery (VFR Germany 3).objects/autogen set to very dense and dense, flying with ASE and REX weather (lot of cloud layers), Pro Flight Emulator.LOWW: Framerates as usual, around 16-20 with AI planes, ground traffic and ENB mod.Departure: Minor sound crackle, but way better than before.Cruise and descend: smooth as butter - but it always was :-)Approach: Pleasant surprise. My old drives had a hard time loading the airport, now smooth frames, improving my manual landing BIG time.EDDM: Framerates as usual, around 15-20, but no popup textures on the UT2 planes anymore.Overall: yep, better :-)