Today I finally got tired of my old ATI 4870. Quite honestly it's a great card, but when it comes to running into clouds, it gets brought to it's knees. So, tonight I finally decided to bite the bullet and purchased a Palit nVidia GeForce GTX560 Ti 2 GB DDR5. I have heard great things about this card around various forums and am looking forward to throwing it in my system. I know many people are talking about the 1GB version, but has anyone tried the 2GB version? I have read that if you want higher resolutions, you should get a 570 or a 580, but the cost just didn't justify the benefits. I'm running 3 monitors on a matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition, which is why I figured I'd go with the 2GB instead of 1, it was only an extra $20 so I couldn't see why not. ANy suggestions are appreciated.

Today I finally got tired of my old ATI 4870. Quite honestly it's a great card, but when it comes to running into clouds, it gets brought to it's knees. So, tonight I finally decided to bite the bullet and purchased a Palit nVidia GeForce GTX560 Ti 2 GB DDR5. I have heard great things about this card around various forums and am looking forward to throwing it in my system. I know many people are talking about the 1GB version, but has anyone tried the 2GB version? I have read that if you want higher resolutions, you should get a 570 or a 580, but the cost just didn't justify the benefits. I'm running 3 monitors on a matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition, which is why I figured I'd go with the 2GB instead of 1, it was only an extra $20 so I couldn't see why not. ANy suggestions are appreciated.
Make sure you download the latest driver from the nvidia website and get Nvidia Inspector to set the AA etc

Bert

Thanks Bert, will do. This will be my first nVidia card so Inspector will be foreign to me. Is it easy to use?

There's like fifty settings to tamper with in Inspector. But there are several tutorials around on the best settings. If you get the opportunity, I recommend fitting a touch screen to the second gpu outlet for 2D overhead panel and CDU, if you're into manual start up and heavy AC.Bjorn

This thread is a great start for standard FSX NvidiaInspector settings. Once you get everything setup and working with the standard settings then you can start experimenting.http://www.simforums.com/forums/nhancer-settings-for-new-drivers-updated-v1932_topic36586.html

Thanks for all the tips guys, I'll be sure to check them out!

There's like fifty settings to tamper with in Inspector. But there are several tutorials around on the best settings. If you get the opportunity, I recommend fitting a touch screen to the second gpu outlet for 2D overhead panel and CDU, if you're into manual start up and heavy AC.
I run my 3 screens off my Matrox TripleHead2Go and I have the VRInsight CDU 2 which uses the second display port. I had issues running both at the same time on my 4870. The only way I could us it was to run my TH2G on my 4870 and run my CDU 2 on a separate 4850. I should be able to use both on just one 560?

Well, a great many thanks to you guys! This card is simply awesome! Before I had to be careful not to fly in heavy cloud areas because my frames would die on my 4870. Now, with max settings, in complex aircraft, with AI traffic, I can't even get my FPS to go below my externally set limit of 30! Thanks for the help guys!

Well, a great many thanks to you guys! This card is simply awesome! Before I had to be careful not to fly in heavy cloud areas because my frames would die on my 4870. Now, with max settings, in complex aircraft, with AI traffic, I can't even get my FPS to go below my externally set limit of 30! Thanks for the help guys!
How many digital and or analog monitor outputs are on this card? Or are they all HDMI or optical?Thanks!

How many digital and or analog monitor outputs are on this card? Or are they all HDMI or optical?Thanks!
lol...you're not speaking my language, but there are 2 DVI, 1 VGA, and 1 HDMI.