Sign in to follow this  
lantirn

Some questions

Hi,Bought today the FS2CREW for iFly in FS9.Really, really great add on. I was waiting loooooong time since i wanted to fly some circuits, with flight directors on, without autopilots and the hands at the controls all the time.Some questions!1) Regarding the F/O preflight events, in the manual is stated that, its optional for the F/O to run through the preflight items. My question is, how i can tell FS2CREW that the flight had begun, meaning, to start the timer counting, without pushing the knob "RUN PF". I didnt found that.2) Is it any way of changing the sequence of events? I saw that the F/O started some procedures (GPWS check, STALL, and some more) at a very late stage of flight and i was stressed (nevermind, i allways get stressed in terms of time in the sim LOL). He could done these at the power up to have the aircraft ready of these checks.Another think that got my attention is that the F/O opened the APU bleed long after the pax was boarding. In my opinion this should happen immediatelly with the boarding. Think of 3-4 minutes in a Jet with 150 PAX and 40 deg C outside and the sun hitting the plane...!! But I am not considering it as an issue, thats **!! Big%20Grin.gif3) So in the case that someone didnt like the items that F/O is doing at the preflight stage, is it possible to setup my plane alone as a captain, and start the FS2CREW from the Preflight Checklist without losing episodes? (Episodes=F/A question to board and i dont know what else i am missing between T-30 and T-12 which is the Preflight Checks)4) Is it any way that i can skip the takeoff briefing recorging "PLAY BRIEF" and do a briefing on my own? I will complete the brief tab in the config, but i will not press play. I saw that saying "Ready for the departure brief?" the F/O responds "Ready for the brief". What is the sentence to "close" after my briefing with my voice? Saying "any Questions" without pressing "PLAY" didnt help.5) What is the procedure with FS2CREW for a balked landing? That is, landing the plane after commiting to land at minimums with FS2CREW, and then at the runway hitting TOGA again.6) Why i have to call for "CLIMB THRUST" with an airplane equipped with automatic thrust reduction ? Does the F/O puts the throttles to climb thrust if the takeoff is done without A/T ?7) After landing, you can call for GPU and Ext air. Can you request a single one? E.g only GPU?Sorry for bombarding you with questions. It is from my excitement. Totally worth the 19 euros.

Hi,Glad you're liking the software!1. If you want to 'skip' the pre-flight events and just start some place else, you don't need to 'tell' FS2Crew that the flight is begun. FS2Crew is automatically active when you open the FS2Crew panel.'Run PF Events' does not mean 'activate' FS2Crew. It just means run the (optional) pre-flight events section. A lot of people are short for time so they skip that part.2. The timing of the pre-flight events is hard-coded. Thing to remember is that everything you see was modeled by a real-world B737 Captain, so it's realistic (at least in the context of his own experience and airline and Boeing SOPs... other airlines may do things differently, mind you).3. Yes, you can skip the pre-flight events and setup the plane yourself. Running the Pre-Flight events is purely 'optional'.4. Yes, you can skip the briefing... they're optional in the sim... just say "Are you ready for the departure brief" if you want to do it via voice... you can close it by saying "any questions". Make sure 'Any Questions' appears in the Green Bar. Maybe the speech system didn't pick it up.5. See the Section in the manual that describes 'Go Around' procedures.6. 'Climb Thrust' in that context is more of a verification call, than a command call (since as you say, it's done automatically).7. During gate arrival, you can't call for just one (only GPU or only air... it's currently both)... Perhaps in an update I'll add the option to split them up.Cheers,

Τhanks for your fast reply!1) The timer never begins to start counting if i dont push the RUN PF button. Maybe i should scroll through the FS2CREW Announciator to "Preflight checklist" and call for that checklist? That will do the work?2) Ok, no big deal! :)3) I assume that you do this as i said in 1. Correct?4) I never see the green bar. Before buying your product also, i had disengaged that bar, but i dont remember how to engage it again. FS2CREW button doesnt work for me. Maybe some files are corrupt in my FS9. (its a 5 year old installation which i back up every 3-4 months)5) The manual does not clarify it, its only for Go around and no for balked landing. I imagine that after he says "speedbrakes deployed" and "reverse green" if i advance the throttles and call for go around it will work?6) Ok got it.7) Nevermind, i was just asking if its possible. :)Regarding the speech recognition, i have trained 2-3 times, running in win7. Sometimes it seems that he cannot understand me, in the gear up. I assume that in the sim my voice is maybe more loud as i make the callout. Is it better to do some training in win7 with the same accent?

- Yes, the Pre-Flight timer won't automatically start counting down after you open the FS2Crew Main Panel. You need to start it manually because some people don't want to run the whole pre-flight events. Some people want to skip it.Remember 'Run PF' does not not mean 'activate' FS2Crew.. it just means run the optional Pre-Flight events section.- Green Bar... you may have hidden it via an FSUIPC option.- Balked landing... not sure what you mean. I don't think you're allowed to go around after the reverses have deployed (in case one gets stuck and you have a repeat of Cranbrook accident).- Speech recognition... there are a lot of variables at play that go into that. I recommend a USB headset. I use a cheap one and I get accuracy over 95 percent.Cheers,

I havent clarified this: How can i start the timer counting, without pressing RUN PF? Is there another oprion except of running the Preflight checklist?Also, for soft mute, can i assign ( ' ) ? Thats next to enter, at the left.Thank you very much and i will check my FSUIPC

I havent clarified this: How can i start the timer counting, without pressing RUN PF? Is there another oprion except of running the Preflight checklist?Also, for soft mute, can i assign ( ' ) ? Thats next to enter, at the left.Thank you very much and i will check my FSUIPC
Hi,You can't start the count-down timer without pressing 'Run PF' (Run Pre-Flight Events).The count-down timer only has value if you're running the Pre-Flight events: they're linked.Soft Mute: I'd have to check, but I don't think so. I use LEFT CONTROL. Given the zillion different keyboard/hardware combo's out there, it seems to be the one that works best.You can also assign a key to Toggle Hard Mute (using an FS event, as defined in the manual).Cheers,

Hi, 1) It seems that the Hard mute function doesnt work for me. I see the flashing red M+, but it seems that the speech recognizer understands if i say a command.2) The F/O at the descent checklist, responds for Air condition and pressurization with the correct landing altitude of the destination airport, however in the pressurization panel the landing altitude remains the same (from previous flight)3) At the landing rollout, the F/O makes a callout for the speedbrakes and the reverse thrust. He say reverse thrust green, even if the reversers arent deployed in reality. Double checked that.

Correction for No1. Although the speech recognition understands what i say, my calls are not passed. Ok with that.

Correction for No1. Although the speech recognition understands what i say, my calls are not passed. Ok with that.
1. Behavior for #1 is correct. FS2Crew does not 'turn off' the speech recognition system when hard or soft mute is enabled. There are technical issues why. What FS2Crew does is 'block' the FO from 'acting' on what the speech recognition detects.2. For the Landing elevation in the Descent checklist, the FO pulls the data from the FMC. FO cannot manually update the landing elevation in the overhead panel. 3. Reverse Green... Trigger is based on the throttle going into the negative range... I suspect this could be a joystick/throttle calibration issue on your end.Cheers,