Sign in to follow this  
BuzzyB

Garmin GPS500 for Bonanza F33

I have just bought the Carenado Bonanza F33 (with SP3 ), but I'm not impressed with the GNS430GPS. I usually have my GPS on a separate monitor, so I don't need to try to fit it into the GNS panel slot (and might be able to retain the Nav1, Com1 tuning on the GNS430 !{although I would forgo them if that's what it takes to change the GPS}). How would I go about using the default Garmin GPS 500 from FSX in the Bonanza?TIADavid

I have just bought the Carenado Bonanza F33 (with SP3 ), but I'm not impressed with the GNS430GPS. I usually have my GPS on a separate monitor, so I don't need to try to fit it into the GNS panel slot (and might be able to retain the Nav1, Com1 tuning on the GNS430 !{although I would forgo them if that's what it takes to change the GPS}). How would I go about using the default Garmin GPS 500 from FSX in the Bonanza?TIADavid
I would start by replacing the GPS in the popup window,and seeing if that does what you want..//--------------------------------------------------------[Window01]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=500,360window_size_ratio=1.000 position=8visible=0ident=794gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,500,360gauge01=BonF33!Toggle_GPS, 136,45,217,153... and if you do not like the GNS430 in the panel, you can replace it by a NAV1 COM1 radio..//--------------------------------------------------------[Vcockpit04]....//gauge00=CarenadoG430!GNS430_nc1, 6,125,500,266gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 8,128,492,260....etc

Bert

G'day BertI have just got to try your suggested mod.I am completely new to this kind of programming (my last programming was for FFT's in Fortran 70, with a brief excrsion into early C) and have struck a problem:I am following your suggestion to Bob on 18 Nov 2010, and copied the panel folder and called it pane.lxp (still in Simobjects>Airplanes>Carenado BONANZA F33>panel ).I then made the mods you suggested (in Notepad), but when I try to Save the mods, or copy them back into a file in "panel", I get the message "Access Denied !" and "you do not have permission....." " Contact your Administrator", but I AM the Administrator (at least for my computer ). Do I need to convert the Notepad files back into .cfg files? If so, how?My computer has i7- 875, Windows 7 64 bit; my FSX root directory is in Program Files (x86) > Microsoft Games .>Microsoft Flight Simulator X.....(There is also another "Program Files" Directory); I read the BONANZA Files with Notepad and still have a Notepad file called panel in "panel".Any suggestions would be appreciated.David

G'day BertI have just got to try your suggested mod.I am completely new to this kind of programming (my last programming was for FFT's in Fortran 70, with a brief excrsion into early C) and have struck a problem:I am following your suggestion to Bob on 18 Nov 2010, and copied the panel folder and called it pane.lxp (still in Simobjects>Airplanes>Carenado BONANZA F33>panel ).I then made the mods you suggested (in Notepad), but when I try to Save the mods, or copy them back into a file in "panel", I get the message "Access Denied !" and "you do not have permission....." " Contact your Administrator", but I AM the Administrator (at least for my computer ). Do I need to convert the Notepad files back into .cfg files? If so, how?My computer has i7- 875, Windows 7 64 bit; my FSX root directory is in Program Files (x86) > Microsoft Games .>Microsoft Flight Simulator X.....(There is also another "Program Files" Directory); I read the BONANZA Files with Notepad and still have a Notepad file called panel in "panel".Any suggestions would be appreciated.David
This is a Windows7 issue.. you need to read up on permissions etc.I'm not the right guy to help - I still run Windows XP

Bert