Sign in to follow this  
Soulflight

Any Progress on getting ENB Mod running with Highmemfix?

I dont understand André?Does that mean that if you have DisplayRefreshRateHz=60 (this is what mine is set at to match my monitor) but have ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0 that will basically disreagard the DisplayRefreshRateHz=60 setting. In which case it wouldn't matter what DisplayRefreshRateH= is set to?So if you want to have DisplayRefreshRateHz=60 active then ForceDisplayRefreshRate=1 would have to be set?POST EDIT:I was just going off of NickN's recommendation he post on simforums using this setting.[ENGINE]ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0MaxAnisotropy=8ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0DisplayRefreshRateHz=60Although I have my MaxAnisotropy=8 set to 16 rather than 8.
Sean my understanding is that value 0 = False and 1 = True...

André

Thx for all the responses. Yes, my config basically was nicks although I changed some values at the beginning but now I changed my logic in doing so, because what might cause such a crash is probably activating a function in ENB that is already present in FSX, like AA and AF, I'll try that change now.About UseEffect=0, thats what I tried 2 days ago with no sucess, the other values for AA and AF were still on then however.EDIT:no sucess, moving this issue to the CTD section.....
I can imagine that it's frustrating to solve CTD, but did you try to use the values 1 regarding display refresh rate...Change in drivers lately, when for the first time did this event occur?First backup the cfg/xml files and what you can do is disable AI and all add-on stuff + edit the dll.xml and exe.xml and scenery.cfg to default + delete the fsx.cfg and test again (actually create an almost clean FSX)

André

I can imagine that it's frustrating to solve CTD, but did you try to use the values 1 regarding display refresh rate...Change in drivers lately, when for the first time did this event occur?First backup the cfg/xml files and what you can do is disable AI and all add-on stuff + edit the dll.xml and exe.xml and scenery.cfg to default + delete the fsx.cfg and test again (actually create an almost clean FSX)
are you sure this will help? I mean, I can do this, in the end, the Problem will be gone. But it will be gone if its an OOM issue as well as it will be if its a broken addon, because the memory load drops without addons.

are you sure this will help? I mean, I can do this, in the end, the Problem will be gone. But it will be gone if its an OOM issue as well as it will be if its a broken addon, because the memory load drops without addons.
Soulflight,I noiticed that you mentioned earlier that you have tried a 3 different drivers recently, just a shot in the dark, but after you uninstalled the prior driver(s) did you use a driver cleaner/sweeper to get rid of any left over parts?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Apology maybe I explained myself not clear enough, my point is start clean and then add item by item (thats how troubleshooting could be done ) till you hit the problem and go from there...(if you make a backup of those particular files it's very easy top restore and to edit the files :-))Sean mentioned also some good point you could look into...Cheers,

André

Soulflight,I noiticed that you mentioned earlier that you have tried a 3 different drivers recently, just a shot in the dark, but after you uninstalled the prior driver(s) did you use a driver cleaner/sweeper to get rid of any left over parts?
the new nvidia installers does this automatically as far as I know. Correct me if im wrong. :(
Apology maybe I explained myself not clear enough, my point is start clean and then add item by item (thats how troubleshooting could be done ) till you hit the problem and go from there...(if you make a backup of those particular files it's very easy top restore and to edit the files :-))Sean mentioned also some good point you could look into...Cheers,
I know ;) well, I can definitely tell you now, that die ENB Mod causes the crash. right now im in-flight with the CS 707 and it runs rock stable without ENB. There is still one thing I forgot: my test flights to see if the crash happens were all made with this plane, because its the most demanding thing I have installed, to see if it works. So there is a possibility that the CS 707 does not work well with the ENB Mod. Ill check on that....

the new nvidia installers does this automatically as far as I know. Correct me if im wrong. :(
You should never trust the driver installers/uninstallers to completely remove any remnants of the old drivers. Using a driver clean program is not mandatory, however after trying different drivers, it really is best to run a cleaner just to be sure of no conflicts..I can can tell you from experience that anytime I have uninstalled an nvidia driver then run Driver Cleaner Pro,it has always found left over parts.I use Driver Cleaner Pro v1.5 found here and its free to use. http://www.afterdawn.com/software/security/system_cleanup/driver_cleaner_pro.cfmAfter you run the driver uninstaller from the Windows Control Panel, reboot the PC into safe mode and run the driver cleaner one or twice, then reboot the computer into regular user mode and install the new drivers.What I usually do is uninstall the driver from the Windows Control panel, then run CCleaner, then reboot into safe mode and run the drvier cleaner once or twice, then reboot again into regular user mode and run CCleaner again, then install the new drivers, reboot the computer, run CCleaner, then make your driver adjustments in Nhancer or Inspectore, etc.Actually anytime I try a new driver, I also uninstall Nhancer and then reinstall it again after the new driver is installed. I'm not sure that it is completely necessary, but I like to leave nothing to chance and is probably one of the reasons I never have nay issues with FSX, but thats just me, depends on how sanitary you like to run your system.BTW, CCleaner is a free utility that some of us have been using for the last few years to clean out temp files from various locations on your computer. I run it everytime before I start FSX to get rid of any junk floating around. It also has a registry cleaner built into it, however unless you know what your doing, be careful with using registry cleaners and make a backup first.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ok, I'll try to clean-install my drivers, but I have trouble finding a cleaner program that is compatible with WIn7 64bit.Anyways, forget what I said about the 707, I just had the same crash when having a Wilco 737 parked at KJFK for about one hour and then returned and opened a menu, again: crash.So the crash happens when using ENB mod in densely populated areas.Could that be too much for my video card?

Ok, I'll try to clean-install my drivers, but I have trouble finding a cleaner program that is compatible with WIn7 64bit.Anyways, forget what I said about the 707, I just had the same crash when having a Wilco 737 parked at KJFK for about one hour and then returned and opened a menu, again: crash.So the crash happens when using ENB mod in densely populated areas.Could that be too much for my video card?
You could monitor the system memory load and also the GPU load try for example with all sliders to the left and go from there...The ENB mod will increase the load on your GPU.It looks almost out of memory behavior try with the slider of level of detail radius from high to medium? that particular one gives a difference of 200 mb or more of load in memory...

André

Clean-reinstalled the driver , version 266.58 with no difference.....setting that slider to medium is probably all that I have left, although it reminds me in good old 32bit, 1 GB of RAM-Days......:blink:EDIT: distance set to medium, crash after 15 minutes in-game when trying to view the map.

Clean-reinstalled the driver , version 266.58 with no difference.....setting that slider to medium is probably all that I have left, although it reminds me in good old 32bit, 1 GB of RAM-Days......:blink:EDIT: distance set to medium, crash after 15 minutes in-game when trying to view the map.
I have a DLL file for you just PM me which you could try...

André

Guys, today I dropped by http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/icenhancer-12---enb-graphic-mod-f9236 and found out the SOLUTION for my enb d3d9.dll problem(and hopefully yours too). I removed OC precision and MSI afterburner (or other GPU fan controller) from my startup and BANG, no move CTD at fsx startup, no more CTD during flight and most wonderful of all, Enb finally works! Give it a try.

Hmm,a cool GPU or ENB, think I would be worried about my GPU fan running @ 40%. if I gave MSI the elbow. Thanks for the heads up though.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.