Sign in to follow this  
Soulflight

Any Progress on getting ENB Mod running with Highmemfix?

Hi there,I used the ENB Mod to compensate my turned off FSX Bloom effects, which improved performance quite a lot since I only fly in DX9-Mode. However, my FSX crashes with a d3d9.dll-error when entering or exiting menu screens after a while. (I noticed this changed depending on how much RAM I have installed, with 8 GB this was a vicious thing that happened after half an hour flying, with only 4 GB it happened after a few minutes.)After a week of tweaking, testing and swearing....I have ruled out any other cause for this crash except for the ENB Mod, which is really a pity because I liked these effects and spent day on good values giving my nights a higher contrast and making stars and cities look better while the rest is still very dark.I read about an issue with highmemfix=1 when using ENB-Mod, but since I found that topic via google, I just ask in a new one if there were any progresses in fixing this.thanks in advance.

Hi there,I used the ENB Mod to compensate my turned off FSX Bloom effects, which improved performance quite a lot since I only fly in DX9-Mode. However, my FSX crashes with a d3d9.dll-error when entering or exiting menu screens after a while. (I noticed this changed depending on how much RAM I have installed, with 8 GB this was a vicious thing that happened after half an hour flying, with only 4 GB it happened after a few minutes.)After a week of tweaking, testing and swearing....I have ruled out any other cause for this crash except for the ENB Mod, which is really a pity because I liked these effects and spent day on good values giving my nights a higher contrast and making stars and cities look better while the rest is still very dark.I read about an issue with highmemfix=1 when using ENB-Mod, but since I found that topic via google, I just ask in a new one if there were any progresses in fixing this.thanks in advance.
Well both work here just fine :-)

André

Lucky you. :Applause:so? You either have a 32bit OS, a different version of ENB or an ATI card or I am doing something wrong here.........:rolleyes:heres my enbsettings.ini:

[PROXY]EnableProxyLibrary=0InitProxyFunctions=0ProxyLibrary=[GLOBAL]UseEffect=1AlternativeDepth=1AllowAntialias=1BugFixMode=0SkipShaderOptimization=0QuadVertexBuffer=0EnableShaders_3_0=1UseMRTRendering=0AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini[EFFECT]EnableBloom=1EnableOcclusion=0EnableReflection=0EnableMotionBlur=0EnableWater=0EnableShadow=0DepthBias=0EnableDepthOfField=0[iNPUT]KeyUseEffect=123KeyBloom=120KeyOcclusion=121KeyReflection=122KeyCombination=16KeyScreenshot=44KeyShadow=119KeyWater=118KeyShowFPS=106[REFLECTION]ReflectionPower=60ChromePower=60UseCurrentFrameReflection=1ReflectionQuality=1ReflectionSourceSpecular=50ReflectionSourceTFactor=50UseAdditiveReflection=1ReflectionDepthBias=0UseLowResReflection=1ReflectionSinglePass=1UseEnvBump=0EnvBumpAmount=100EnvBumpOffset=100ReflectionFlip=0[bLOOM]BloomPowerDay=7BloomFadeTime=400BloomConstantDay=1BloomQuality=0BloomScreenLevelDay=30BloomCurveDay=0BloomPowerNight=30BloomConstantNight=0  BloomCurveNight=9BloomScreenLevelNight=12BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=80BloomAdaptationMultiplier=100BloomAllowOversaturation=1BloomMaxLimit=100[sSAO]UseFilter=1OcclusionQuality=2FilterQuality=1DarkeningLevel=15BrighteningLevel=20 IlluminationLevel=20  AdditiveIlluminationLevel=25UseAmbientOcclusion=1UseIndirectLighting=1FadeDistance=50UseForAlphaTest=0UseForAlphaBlend=0[colorCORRECTION]DarkeningAmountDay=25ScreenLevelDay=50ScreenLevelNight=12DarkeningAmountNight=-80GammaCurveDay=-2GammaCurveNight=10ColorSaturationDay=1ColorSaturationNight=-3UsePaletteTexture=0[WATER]UseWaterDeep=0WaterDeepness=20WaterQuality=0[sHADOW]ShadowFadeStart=40ShadowFadeEnd=80ShadowAmountDay=50ShadowAmountNight=40ShadowScreenLevelDay=40ShadowScreenLevelNight=30ShadowQuality=1UseShadowFilter=0FilterQuality=2ShadowBlurRange=30[ENGINE]ForceAnisotropicFiltering=1MaxAnisotropy=8ForceDisplayRefreshRate=1DisplayRefreshRateHz=75[MOTIONBLUR]MotionBlurQuality=1MotionBlurVelocity=0MotionBlurRotation=0[PERPIXELLIGHTING]SpecularColorMin=0SpecularColorMax=100SpecularColorMultiplier=100SpecularGlossinessMin=0SpecularGlossinessMax=100SpecularGlossinessMultiplier=100[DEPTHOFFIELD]DOFQuality=2DOFNumberOfPasses=1DOFFocusRange=50DOFBlurinessRange=10

Hmm I get Black screen crashes when using menus late in the flight too. I never thought it was the ENB/Highmemfix causing this. Interesting.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I dont know this for sure and mine is a CTD issue. But I noticed I am forcing AF in the specs and I have no screen size listed there, maybe this does change something.....

Guest jahman
...FSX crashes with a d3d9.dll-error when entering or exiting menu screens after a while.
And you're sure this is not the UIAutomationCore.dll CTD? Just checking...Cheers,- jahman.

Hmm I get Black screen crashes when using menus late in the flight too. I never thought it was the ENB/Highmemfix causing this. Interesting.
Well that is probably the menu FSX bug and can be solved with replacing this UIAutomationCore.DLL or you run out of memory ;-)

André

Lucky you. :Applause:so? You either have a 32bit OS, a different version of ENB or an ATI card or I am doing something wrong here.........:rolleyes:heres my enbsettings.ini:[ENGINE]ForceAnisotropicFiltering=1MaxAnisotropy=8ForceDisplayRefreshRate=1DisplayRefreshRateHz=75
See what happens if you change these settings to zero:[ENGINE]ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0MaxAnisotropy=0ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0DisplayRefreshRateHz=75 ********** make sure this it set the same as the refresh rate of your monitorI'm running ENB with highmemfix=1 for some time now and no problems.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

See what happens if you change these settings to zero:[ENGINE]ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0MaxAnisotropy=0ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0DisplayRefreshRateHz=75 ********** make sure this it set the same as the refresh rate of your monitorI'm running ENB with highmemfix=1 for some time now and no problems.
Sean great to spot however the value ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0 it looks like it isn't used...
Lucky you. :Applause:so? You either have a 32bit OS, a different version of ENB or an ATI card or I am doing something wrong here.........:(
Well as an FS old timer ATI and FSX aren't the best combination so no ATI for almost a decade lol ;-)Running on 64 and 32 bit ;-)Are you sure you haven't an out of memory or the menu dll bug or a driver issue, or bad / missing texture or GPU problems?As for the d3d9.dll error it doesn't say much FSX just report the last loaded DLL in use you have to use other debug tools..Cheers,

André

Sean great to spot however the value ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0 it looks like it isn't used...Well as an FS old timer ATI and FSX aren't the best combination so no ATI for almost a decade lol ;-)Running on 64 and 32 bit ;-)Are you sure you haven't an out of memory or the menu dll bug or a driver issue, or bad / missing texture or GPU problems?As for the d3d9.dll error it doesn't say much FSX just report the last loaded DLL in use you have to use other debug tools..Cheers,
Well it didn't happen to me without the ENB mod, and I tried 3 different nvidia drivers. I already noticed the crash does happen faster when I only have 4 Gigs of RAM installed (about 5 minutes) than with 8 GB (about one hour). But its not happening when I rename the ENB dll and fly without it.menu dll uiautomationcore was already taken care of a long time ago. ;)

Well it didn't happen to me without the ENB mod, and I tried 3 different nvidia drivers. I already noticed the crash does happen faster when I only have 4 Gigs of RAM installed (about 5 minutes) than with 8 GB (about one hour). But its not happening when I rename the ENB dll and fly without it.menu dll uiautomationcore was already taken care of a long time ago. ;)
Are you over clocking the GPU would revert all back to default and test again...

André

Sean great to spot however the value ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0 it looks like it isn't used...
I dont understand André?Does that mean that if you have DisplayRefreshRateHz=60 (this is what mine is set at to match my monitor) but have ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0 that will basically disreagard the DisplayRefreshRateHz=60 setting. In which case it wouldn't matter what DisplayRefreshRateH= is set to?So if you want to have DisplayRefreshRateHz=60 active then ForceDisplayRefreshRate=1 would have to be set?POST EDIT:I was just going off of NickN's recommendation he post on simforums using this setting.[ENGINE]ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0MaxAnisotropy=8ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0DisplayRefreshRateHz=60Although I have my MaxAnisotropy=8 set to 16 rather than 8.

Are you over clocking the GPU would revert all back to default and test again...
no, my GTS250 runs on stock clocks, only my CPU is a Phenom II 965 brought to 4 Ghz via multiplier so everything else on my system runs on default speed.

Soulflight, I was comparing your ini to NickN's ini and saw another difference beside the one I mentioned earlier.Your's says:[GLOBAL] UseEffect=1 AlternativeDepth=1 AllowAntialias=1 BugFixMode=0 SkipShaderOptimization=0 QuadVertexBuffer=0 EnableShaders_3_0=1 UseMRTRendering=0 AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini NickN's says:[GLOBAL]UseEffect=0AlternativeDepth=1AllowAntialias=0BugFixMode=0SkipShaderOptimization=0QuadVertexBuffer=0EnableShaders_3_0=1UseMRTRendering=0AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.iniI wonder if the two lines that I put in bold would make any difference if you changed them to zero? I noticed in mine they are both set to zero.

Thx for all the responses. Yes, my config basically was nicks although I changed some values at the beginning but now I changed my logic in doing so, because what might cause such a crash is probably activating a function in ENB that is already present in FSX, like AA and AF, I'll try that change now.About UseEffect=0, thats what I tried 2 days ago with no sucess, the other values for AA and AF were still on then however.EDIT:no sucess, moving this issue to the CTD section.....