Sign in to follow this  
CubanPete

Autopilot doesn't work anymore

Hi all!I have searched the forum but i didn't find any helpfull thread.I performed many flights with the 747-400X and suddenly the autopilot quit working. Any mode of the autopilot wont work. I reinstalled the 747 - no effect. I load the default Cessna before I load the 747. I always use the PMDG Load Manager. I always follow the normal procedures and the checklists. One thing I haven't done yet is reinstalling the flight sim but I would prefer a other solution (because this will be a lot of work ot reinstall all the add ons) and will keep this as an exit option, if nobody have a other solution for my problem.I don't have any idea what the problem is. Maybe someone of you have an idea - I would be really gratefull!All the bestPeter Burghardt

Hi all!I have searched the forum but i didn't find any helpfull thread.I performed many flights with the 747-400X and suddenly the autopilot quit working. Any mode of the autopilot wont work. I reinstalled the 747 - no effect. I load the default Cessna before I load the 747. I always use the PMDG Load Manager. I always follow the normal procedures and the checklists. One thing I haven't done yet is reinstalling the flight sim but I would prefer a other solution (because this will be a lot of work ot reinstall all the add ons) and will keep this as an exit option, if nobody have a other solution for my problem.I don't have any idea what the problem is. Maybe someone of you have an idea - I would be really gratefull!All the bestPeter Burghardt
Does it act like it's working (lights, buttons, PFD annunciation), but doesn't actually engage, or are the normal signs not present? Have you checked your failures section to make sure it isn't "broken?"- John

Does it act like it's working (lights, buttons, PFD annunciation), but doesn't actually engage, or are the normal signs not present? Have you checked your failures section to make sure it isn't "broken?"- John
Hi!It acts like it is working, but the plane doesn't act correct. I'll try your tip with the failures, maybe there's something weird.Peter

Ok, I have checked the failure settings and didn't find armed or active failures in the autopilot section. But I recognized something new. The FD doesn't command the correct flight path. I made a testflight with a route and a SID programmed. Shortly after the takeoff everthing looks fine. The FD showed the correct command (at least I think it's correct). I engaged LNAV and VNAV as well as the autopilot. To follow the SID a left turn is necessary shortly after takeoff. The route in the ND is showed correctly but when the 744 should start to turn left nothing happens. The FD stays in the same position and the aircraft doesn't turn.I'm afraid I have to reinstall the whole stuff...GreetsPeter

Yeah I've just about had it with the PMDG 744. The autopilot won't follow the flightplan, simple as that. I've spent hours on forums, doing test flights, running through various checklists, troubleshooting the autopilot in flight with real dynamic weather, with weather smoothing, with clear weather, with a static weather theme. I think it may have something to do with the magnetic shift at the poles or something 'cos it seems to be worse the further north you go (haven't tried south and really can't be bothered).

Registry Repairer? 

I usually find when my registry file gets corrupted for any reason, the 747 is the worst effected. Like literally every other plane (including NGX, 777 etc) will work perfectly fine, but the 747 will just act strange.

Give it a shot (Run as admin)

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB) - This tool will repair your FSX or FS9 registry so that the path is valid. Many times certain applications use this path. If it is invalid, some programs may not work.

I,m having the same problem , she just deviates from the Route, i,m getting to the point of removing fsx and going back to fs9

I think I found a solution, if you go into FSX weather settings and tick the "disable turbulence effects on aircraft" box, it may fix it for you. I read somewhere that it is due the highly realistic flight model and completely unrealistic FSX turbulence

I think I found a solution, if you go into FSX weather settings and tick the "disable turbulence effects on aircraft" box, it may fix it for you. I read somewhere that it is due the highly realistic flight model and completely unrealistic FSX turbulence

I think it may have something to do with a corrupted .cfg, I'm only getting the probelm with the Freighter, the Pax Version works ok so I don't think its the Weather, but I will do what you suggest re the Weather, now I just have to get the .cfg sorted and try it, thanks