Sign in to follow this  
MattM1121

MS Flight and after-market developers

Howdy folks!I've been a long time simmer. Going as far back as 1986.With MS Flight looming in the distance there are undoubtedly going to be many add-ons and after market products. I've been with the sim community long enough to know what to expect. With that comes the on-line activation and the common denominator that all users start out the same; as criminals until proven otherwise. This is not an attitude with just Flight Sim developers. This is something that's been going on in all aspects of the digital world. I'm sure some developers don't have a choice when it comes to distributing their application. I'm not sure about other people and simmers, but I build and re-build, tweak and re-tweak my system. After all these years is seems to be a natural part of the simulator process. With that comes on-line activation and the dreaded "you are out of activations". And in some cases the inability to reinstall a beloved add-on. (PSS DASH8 is good example)In some cases if you lose the installer you'd have to purchase the application a second time. But there's hope! For a nominal fee they'll keep it available for a year. beh...I can only speak for myself, but I'm tired of it. When this new sim comes out and we get bombarded with a multitude of add-ons, I for one won't bite this time. If it requires on-line activation I won't buy it. However, if it requires a key - such as FSUIPC and FS Flight Keeper, and I can install it at any time - I'll be digging deep into my pocket for those developers. I'd even fore go a meal to purchase it.I only speak for myself here, but I don't believe that I'm the only one that feels this way.Thanks for letting me vent.-Matt

Howdy folks!I've been a long time simmer. Going as far back as 1986.With MS Flight looming in the distance there are undoubtedly going to be many add-ons and after market products. I've been with the sim community long enough to know what to expect. With that comes the on-line activation and the common denominator that all users start out the same; as criminals until proven otherwise. This is not an attitude with just Flight Sim developers. This is something that's been going on in all aspects of the digital world. I'm sure some developers don't have a choice when it comes to distributing their application. I'm not sure about other people and simmers, but I build and re-build, tweak and re-tweak my system. After all these years is seems to be a natural part of the simulator process. With that comes on-line activation and the dreaded "you are out of activations". And in some cases the inability to reinstall a beloved add-on. (PSS DASH8 is good example)In some cases if you lose the installer you'd have to purchase the application a second time. But there's hope! For a nominal fee they'll keep it available for a year. beh...I can only speak for myself, but I'm tired of it. When this new sim comes out and we get bombarded with a multitude of add-ons, I for one won't bite this time. If it requires on-line activation I won't buy it. However, if it requires a key - such as FSUIPC and FS Flight Keeper, and I can install it at any time - I'll be digging deep into my pocket for those developers. I'd even fore go a meal to purchase it.I only speak for myself here, but I don't believe that I'm the only one that feels this way.Thanks for letting me vent.-Matt
I think the way MS is going to have an account "cloud". All of your addons and such are linked with your account ONLY. So, if you have MS flight on another PC you can login to another computer and have your addons on that PC. But, you can only play MS flight on ONE PC at any given time. Best Regards,

Guest jahman

See here. Write to MS and make your voice heard.Cheers,- jahman.

But, you can only play MS flight on ONE PC at any given time.
Why would that be? I run FSX simultaneously on two PC's at the same time. (I have two copies of FSX Gold).Or, are you saying that you have seen the EULA for MS Flight?

Why would that be? I run FSX simultaneously on two PC's at the same time. (I have two copies of FSX Gold).Or, are you saying that you have seen the EULA for MS Flight?
It's a theory, and a likely one at that, given the success of Steam, for instance.

It's a theory, and a likely one at that, given the success of Steam, for instance.
Exactly, that's what my post was aimed at. Steam has this feature and I love it. Very good idea....Best Regards,

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.