Sign in to follow this  
lakingsfan19

Nedd help finding scenery additions

I just got FS2004 and I am trying to add aircraft to certain airports. For example, I would like to find an add on for KATL that has delta and Airtran planes parked at the gate as well as moving around. I want to do this to many airports but not sure what key words I need to use in the files search page. What files do I need to look for? Are they in the scenery section or somewhere else? Thank you for the help...

You are searching for AI planes? If yes, this is just the right source for you: http://world-of-ai.com/
That's on the right track, but i would prefer real airline colors for the ai traffic. I.E. Us Airways, Delta, American, Southwest Airlines, British Airways, Hawaiian Airlines, United, Continental, ect.....Thanks again for the response..

You are searching for AI planes? If yes, this is just the right source for you: http://world-of-ai.com/
I am having a problem using the world of ai installer. I try to add traffic and it says it finished, then when i log on to fs2004, there is nothing. Do I have to download aircraft for this to work or do I need to adjust settings? I am not sure what folder I need to extract the files to. Any help would be appreciated. thanks. It does say that certain aircraft are not found when using the installer.Are there any other ways of installing airline traffic other than using world of ai installer? It's not working for me.

I am having a problem using the world of ai installer. I try to add traffic and it says it finished, then when i log on to fs2004, there is nothing. Do I have to download aircraft for this to work or do I need to adjust settings? I am not sure what folder I need to extract the files to. Any help would be appreciated. thanks. It does say that certain aircraft are not found when using the installer.Are there any other ways of installing airline traffic other than using world of ai installer? It's not working for me.
The aircrafts you´ve installed can´t be seen in the aircraft menu. They´re just for the system to use them and fly them arround based on real flightplans. You can set the flight plan complexity trough the ai fraffic slider to 100 % and go to a big airport. Then they should appear.If you have windows7, thy to run it in admin mode with compatibility to XP.

You do not need to download anything other than the packages you want - they include the necessary aircraft and paints as well as the Traffic files.Do not unzip whatever you download - the installer will do all of the owrk for you. I created a subfolder name Packages in the folder where the WOAI installer is installed and place my downloaded packages in it. When using the installer I just browse (navigate) to that folder and select the one(s) I wish to install.If you are having issues which are not resolved here, I suggest trying the WOAI forums. You do have to register (which is quick and free) to see all of the forums and to be able to post questions. The guys (and gals) there can usually assist.http://www.world-of-ai.com/Forum/index.phpThousands of us use WOAI without problems so I feel certain you will be able to also. Good Luck!

You do not need to download anything other than the packages you want - they include the necessary aircraft and paints as well as the Traffic files.Do not unzip whatever you download - the installer will do all of the owrk for you. I created a subfolder name Packages in the folder where the WOAI installer is installed and place my downloaded packages in it. When using the installer I just browse (navigate) to that folder and select the one(s) I wish to install.If you are having issues which are not resolved here, I suggest trying the WOAI forums. You do have to register (which is quick and free) to see all of the forums and to be able to post questions. The guys (and gals) there can usually assist.http://www.world-of-...Forum/index.phpThousands of us use WOAI without problems so I feel certain you will be able to also. Good Luck!
Thank you everyone. I will try the other forum.. I keep getting an access denied message now.

Thank you everyone. I will try the other forum.. I keep getting an access denied message now.
If you are getting an "access denied" error message I would be willing to bet you are using Vista or Win7 as your operating system.If so, had you told us that initially we might have been able to offer better advice.If using either of those Operating Systems you most likely have a "permissions" issue which needs to be solved first or you will continue to have problems with almost anything you may try to add to FS.

If you are getting an "access denied" error message I would be willing to bet you are using Vista or Win7 as your operating system.If so, had you told us that initially we might have been able to offer better advice.If using either of those Operating Systems you most likely have a "permissions" issue which needs to be solved first or you will continue to have problems with almost anything you may try to add to FS.
Yup that was the second problem. First problem was not having the right path selected, then what you said above. Fixed it and everything is working. Thanks again for the help.There is something that I would like to change and not sure how. How can I get rid of the fs2004 original non airline made up traffic (I.e. pacific airlines 737 ect). It looks horrible added in with the real airline AI traffic I have. Would like to know how to get rid of it.Thanks again.

Yup that was the second problem. First problem was not having the right path selected, then what you said above. Fixed it and everything is working. Thanks again for the help.There is something that I would like to change and not sure how. How can I get rid of the fs2004 original non airline made up traffic (I.e. pacific airlines 737 ect). It looks horrible added in with the real airline AI traffic I have. Would like to know how to get rid of it.Thanks again.
To remove (disable) the default FS2004 Traffic, just rename the Traffic file traffic030528.bgl to something like traffic030528.bgl.orig. If you ever want to restore it, just restore the proper extension name.That file is found in your Scenery/World/scenery subfolder.Please be aware that doing that will also remove the default GA (General Aviation) traffic.There are some good replacements available - a few at WOAI. My favorite is the fine free packages offerred by Reggie Field and friends: http://www.flightsim2004-fanatics.com/uploads/DefaultGA/Def_GA_DL.htmHope that helps.

To remove (disable) the default FS2004 Traffic, just rename the Traffic file traffic030528.bgl to something like traffic030528.bgl.orig. If you ever want to restore it, just restore the proper extension name.That file is found in your Scenery/World/scenery subfolder.Please be aware that doing that will also remove the default GA (General Aviation) traffic.There are some good replacements available - a few at WOAI. My favorite is the fine free packages offerred by Reggie Field and friends:http://www.flightsim...A/Def_GA_DL.htmHope that helps.
Thanks.. Will do..

To remove (disable) the default FS2004 Traffic, just rename the Traffic file traffic030528.bgl to something like traffic030528.bgl.orig. If you ever want to restore it, just restore the proper extension name.That file is found in your Scenery/World/scenery subfolder.Please be aware that doing that will also remove the default GA (General Aviation) traffic.There are some good replacements available - a few at WOAI. My favorite is the fine free packages offerred by Reggie Field and friends:http://www.flightsim...A/Def_GA_DL.htmHope that helps.
I couldn't find that file. The only traffic files i have are WOA. Could it be under some other folder or named something else?Thanks

I couldn't find that file. The only traffic files i have are WOA. Could it be under some other folder or named something else?Thanks
That is what it is named in FS2004 - in FSX it is named trafficAircraft.bgl - in the same folder (Scenery/World/scenery)Hope that helps.

That is what it is named in FS2004 - in FSX it is named trafficAircraft.bgl - in the same folder (Scenery/World/scenery)Hope that helps.
Yeah, all my Traffic files under Scenery/world/scenery are WOA AI traffic files from airlines I have downloaded. There is nothing in that section for the generic airlines. I wish there was a way to copy and post the file names i have in that section. For example.. I have Bvcf.bglde060n00.bgl (few others 45, 90, ect)demadm18.bgl demath10.bgldemaus47.bgl (about 10 others similar)A bunch of dem with bak, car, ect at the end (I.E dembak, demcar, demhod and so on)dw000n45.bgl (Whole bunch of these with different numbers)lak.bglTraffic_000_WoA_JetBlue (Bunch of these but all have my downloaded AI traffic assinged, I.E. WoA_JetBlue, WoA_Airtran, UsAirways, American, ECT) Nothing Generic.Thanks again for the help.