Sign in to follow this  
carm

Engine problems

The left engine on only the Red Classic seems to have a mind of its own. It surges, runs away and only erratically follows the throttle setting. . Right engine-- no problem. Other Baron paints ---no problems. Is this a built--in snag on the Baron ?? CJ.

The left engine on only the Red Classic seems to have a mind of its own. It surges, runs away and only erratically follows the throttle setting. . Right engine-- no problem. Other Baron paints ---no problems. Is this a built--in snag on the Baron ?? CJ.
I fly this variant all the time, and have not seen this..

Bert

Guest bstolle

there's no separate cfg or air file for the red classic, so 'theoretically' that can't happen....

there's no separate cfg or air file for the red classic, so 'theoretically' that can't happen....
I agree Bernt, but I just started the A/C and as sure as I'm sitting here, the left engine[with the throttle closed] after a few seconds, went to nearly full throttle. If the throttle is opened and then closed the engine settles down momentarily, then does its act again. I think I'll try to reinstall the whole kit and kaboodle. This issue first appeared after I had to shut down the engine climbing out of Ketchikan Alaska because of the surging. A2A have default snags built into some of their A/C. I was wondering if Carenado did also with the Baron. Bye the way, I really like this A/C otherwise. Thanks. :(

I agree Bernt, but I just started the A/C and as sure as I'm sitting here, the left engine[with the throttle closed] after a few seconds, went to nearly full throttle. If the throttle is opened and then closed the engine settles down momentarily, then does its act again. I think I'll try to reinstall the whole kit and kaboodle. This issue first appeared after I had to shut down the engine climbing out of Ketchikan Alaska because of the surging. A2A have default snags built into some of their A/C. I was wondering if Carenado did also with the Baron. Bye the way, I really like this A/C otherwise. Thanks. :(
I giveup !!!!!.. Just restarted the sim loaded up the Baron and all is as it should be.... no surging etc. We went for a flight and nearly got caught in a T storm . Had to set down at Kitchener.. A/C performed just great. We are now sitting out the storm. :(