Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dazz

Altimeters and transitions

Hi FS2Crewers :biggrin:I really enjoy my virtual FO and everything works great, just have a couple of questions about atimeters and transitions. As an example, I've been doing a short 30' flight from LEAL to LEPA where the transition altitude is 6000ft.The FO sets both his altimeter and the captains during preflight (pre-start check) shouldn't it leave it to the Cpt to set his own altimeter?In my descent, when crossing 6000 I say "Transition, altimeters 1019 passing 6000 now" and the FO sets both altimeters to 1018 (local setting, not arrival QNH 1019 as advised by ATC) Is there a way to make him set what I say and not current local QNH? (and only his altimeter, not both, assuming that's the correct procedure, that is)ThanksEDIT: sorry, no. The FO doesn't set the captain's altimeter for descent, I don't know what I was thinking about

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi FS2Crewers :biggrin:I really enjoy my virtual FO and everything works great, just have a couple of questions about atimeters and transitions. As an example, I've been doing a short 30' flight from LEAL to LEPA where the transition altitude is 6000ft.The FO sets both his altimeter and the captains during preflight (pre-start check) shouldn't it leave it to the Cpt to set his own altimeter?In my descent, when crossing 6000 I say "Transition, altimeters 1019 passing 6000 now" and the FO sets both altimeters to 1018 (local setting, not arrival QNH 1019 as advised by ATC) Is there a way to make him set what I say and not current local QNH? (and only his altimeter, not both, assuming that's the correct procedure, that is)ThanksEDIT: sorry, no. The FO doesn't set the captain's altimeter for descent, I don't know what I was thinking about
Hi,I'd need to ask my real-world Maddog FO... he designed the SOPs.I would assume it's correct (at least at his airline) for the FO to set the Capt's altimeter during pre-flight.Again, other companies may do things differently.Cheers,