Sign in to follow this  
Akila

VoxATC & RNAV RWxx Approach?

Does any one knows how I can execute a request for VoxATC to use RNAV approach to a RW?(my case I wanted RNAV30 at LLGB using SIRON transition).

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

If the approach type is in the airport's bgl, then it should appear in the VoxATC menu when you contact Approach. Stock LLBG has 3 VORD and 2 ILS procedures. I didn't see any approaches in the FSAddon version when I looked.Perhaps you could request a Visual approach from ATC and fly the Rnav on your HSI? (It's either that or code the approach into the airport scenery.)

If the approach type is in the airport's bgl, then it should appear in the VoxATC menu when you contact Approach. Stock LLBG has 3 VORD and 2 ILS procedures. I didn't see any approaches in the FSAddon version when I looked.Perhaps you could request a Visual approach from ATC and fly the Rnav on your HSI? (It's either that or code the approach into the airport scenery.)
I do see in VoxATC the VORDME request for RW 30 even though I am using the FSAddon version, but that is a different approach then the RNAV/LLZ.(I am assuming this since you can pick both VORD30 and RNAV30 in the FMS and they appear as different approach and so they have different charts)Unless you telling me that in VoxATC the VORDME is the RNAV....what is also strange is that in VoxATC I could have requested a Full ILS for RW30 even though RW30 doesn't have an ILS (only RW12 and 26 do).I am also puzzled by your comment "If the approach type is in the airport's bgl"...how come this matters, what is the reason we Installed the AIRAC Cycle for the VoxATC and set it to use it if it is not for those things?

Joel Strikovsky

I do see in VoxATC the VORDME request for RW 30 even though I am using the FSAddon version, but that is a different approach then the RNAV/LLZ.(I am assuming this since you can pick both VORD30 and RNAV30 in the FMS and they appear as different approach and so they have different charts)Unless you telling me that in VoxATC the VORDME is the RNAV....what is also strange is that in VoxATC I could have requested a Full ILS for RW30 even though RW30 doesn't have an ILS (only RW12 and 26 do).I am also puzzled by your comment "If the approach type is in the airport's bgl"...how come this matters, what is the reason we Installed the AIRAC Cycle for the VoxATC and set it to use it if it is not for those things?
Ah, this is where it gets confusing. :( The Navigraph data for VoxATC allows VoxATC to know of SIDs and STARs. VoxATC does not use Navigraph approach data.Approaches that we can pick in an FMS (or in FlightSim Commander or AivlaSoft EFB) are not necessarily related to VoxATC approaches. (It is possible that they might the same, but it is just as possible that they are not.)As far as I can tell, VoxATC scans any addon scenery for approach data, and also scans the default scenery as well. Since you and I use FSAddon and it has no approach data, VoxATC uses the default scenery data.

Ah, this is where it gets confusing. :( The Navigraph data for VoxATC allows VoxATC to know of SIDs and STARs. VoxATC does not use Navigraph approach data.Approaches that we can pick in an FMS (or in FlightSim Commander or AivlaSoft EFB) are not necessarily related to VoxATC approaches. (It is possible that they might the same, but it is just as possible that they are not.)As far as I can tell, VoxATC scans any addon scenery for approach data, and also scans the default scenery as well. Since you and I use FSAddon and it has no approach data, VoxATC uses the default scenery data.
is there a easy tool that I can see in the BGL what is the approach data?and what BGL file usually should I be looking for in an airport addon?I'll ask directly the FSAddon LLBG developer to take a look at it if he has time and maybe give us a fixed BGL file for the scenery (he already gave me a fix once to remove RW08/26 due to the renovations at LLBG on those runways) , he is a member of VATIL (VATSIM IL) I also met him in person, he is a very nice fellow.

Joel Strikovsky

is there a easy tool that I can see in the BGL what is the approach data?
There are a few - I prefer the freeware Airport Design Editor from Jon "Scruffyduck" Masterson. It's well worth a look and a donation if one is able.
and what BGL file usually should I be looking for in an airport addon?
There is no standard filename. That's up to the developer.In the case of FSAddon's LLBG, the file in question is AFX_LLBG.bgl. (By default, that's found in \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FSAddon\BenGurionX\Scenery\)If you wanted to check the stock scenery, you'd look in \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\scenery\0702\scenery\APX57200.bgl