Sign in to follow this  
bobanderson

Frame rate problem

Hi,I have a problem that just started in the last few days that I can't pin down to any particular thing such as aircraft installation, etc.This happens with all the planes that I have tried including payware. Most of my testing has been with the default C172 though. Sitting on the runway in a cold & shut down condition with normal frame rates, when I go to start the engine after 2 or 3 sec. the frame rates drop to about 1.0 to 1.5 fps. & stay there. This has also happened when I lower the flaps without the engine running. Changing the views can be done without the frame rate dropping. I was able to start a business jet without the fps dropping, but as soon as I started to taxi, they dropped.I am really stumped with this problem & was hoping that someone had some ideas on what might be happening or causing it. I am trying to avoid a reinstallation of FS9.Thanks,BobAMicrosoft FS2004Windows XP Pro SP2AMD Athlon XP 2700A7N8X2.0 Radeon 9700 Video card2048 MB DDR RAM3 WD 250GB 7200RPM Hard Drives

HiHave you tried the usual:Removing yout fs9.cfg file to a safe place, and let flight simulator create a new one by itself, and see what hapens?RegardsHenrik

HiHave you tried the usual:Removing yout fs9.cfg file to a safe place, and let flight simulator create a new one by itself, and see what hapens?RegardsHenrik
Hi Henrik,Yes, I have tried that. I also tried using other backedup fs9.cfg's that I had from working with tweaks in the past & I had this problem with all the fs9.cfg's I tried.Thanks,Bob

By any chance are you running multiple monitors, or more than one view at any time? Does your default startup flight have any saved multiple views in it?This happened to me for a short time a (long) while ago and I can't exactly remember how I fixed it, but I know it had something to do with some software I was trying for mutliple views and I KNOW I didn't have to do a full reinstall.

By any chance are you running multiple monitors, or more than one view at any time? Does your default startup flight have any saved multiple views in it?This happened to me for a short time a (long) while ago and I can't exactly remember how I fixed it, but I know it had something to do with some software I was trying for mutliple views and I KNOW I didn't have to do a full reinstall.
Hi ChuckNo, I am only running one monitor & one view at a time. I first noticed it using a saved flight. I then tried freshly creating a flight using the default C172. but still had the problem.A friend suggested loading a freshly created flight & before attempting to start the engine, slew up to 3000 Ft., come out of slew & with the engine running then, see if the fps drop. When I did this, the fps stayed at normal rates & I was able to fly for several minutes. I was then going to try landing at another close field & on final at about 2000 Ft. the rates dropped to the low 1 to 1.5 & stayed there.Thanks for your replyBob

If you haven't, try loading the default Cessna at Sea Tac flight, then fly around. If this is OK, then you should recreate your flights.

If you haven't, try loading the default Cessna at Sea Tac flight, then fly around. If this is OK, then you should recreate your flights.
Hi Tom,Thanks for your interesting suggestion. I did get rid of the problem by doing a restore of the Flight Sim. drive from my Windows Home Server from a date before I had the problem. Still don't know what had caused the problem, but the frame rate problem is gone.I am not familiar with Sea Tac flight. Thanks,Bob

I am not familiar with Sea Tac flight. Bob
It is the default flight that you are presented when you start up FS2004 unless you changed the default flight to something else.It is named FLTSIM.FLT and is located in Flights/otherEarlier versions of FS2004 had you starting in a Cessna at Meigs field but now it is at SeaTac (KSEA) airport.