Sign in to follow this  
Ed Callan

JS41 and FS Commander won't connect

I don't own the FS Commander product, but I suspect that it is not possible to link up the FSC autopilot.This is probably due to the separate nature of the J41's autopilot, which probably does not utilise the built-in FS autopilot code. Hence, the inability of FSC to communicate with it.The built in navigation is still quite powerful in the J41, and you can expect a gratifying experience learning it all! If you have any questions, swing another post on the forum and I'm sure someone will be able to help ya!

Hello All, Does anyone know how to connect fsc and the js41 a/p? thanx Ed
Not sure if you are going to read this but...You can generate a flightplan within FSCommander and export that to the JS41 via the fmc. Do it after engine start, otherwise if you switch off the avonics it wipes it! From there it should follow the plan and you can link using the GPS option within FSC, please note i am talking about FSC9, not sure about the other versions!

Ian R Tyldesley

Thanx for the info....I have FSX...I'm sorry but I do not know how to export a FSC fp to the JS41...Is there a section of the AOM that tells howThanx EC

Well you generate a flight plan in FSC the usual way, but save as and tick the box for PMDG, not sure about the exact box name. This will save the flight plan within the PMDG flightplan folder in the correct format.You then load up the J41 and start the FMC, after you press enter on the first couple of screens (the ones that show your current location) it should then come up with a page showing flightplans, select the plan you want, use the select heading, press enter and away you go. You will need additional configuration for the J41 version of VNAV and also if you wish to fly SID/STARS. There are some good videos on Youtube regarding the J41 FMC and it's also covered in the tutorial flight.Hope that helps buddy.

Ian R Tyldesley