Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

strider

FS9 MD-11 panel loading "docked"?

I believe the Subject line should read "Undocked".I decided to dust off my MD-11, it's been 6 months since I last flew it, but ran into an issue I haven't seen in this aircraft before. When I load the MD-11, either from the "Create a Flight" menu or after loading the default FS9 Cessna flight, my MD-11 panel loads with undocked windows? I did an uninstall of the MD-11, made sure everything was truly gone, and reinstalled it...no difference. In the screen shot below I have moved the 3 "undocked" panels so you can see what all is happening.MD-11_panel.jpgI also deleted the UI Generated Flight from the Panel States folder as I read another thread here from an FSX user with the same problem. Thought I would try it even though I'm FS9. Didn't help at all. That user never found a solution (at least from the thread I read).My PMDG 747's and 737's load fine, BTW. Any ideas?Vic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nope...it's still not working. I load the default Cessna, move to my departure airfield, go to the main panel view and then load the MD-11. I set Cold & Dark and at this point the panel looks like it should and used to, in the past. I then save the flight. When I reopen the saved MD-11 flight I get this:MD-11-2_panel.jpgWhat the heck is going on here?? I've never had these kind of problems with the PMDG MD-11 before.

Thats because it hasn't loaded properly. It happens sometimes. Try again or defrag?If all else fails, uninstall and load again.

I got this problem even in FSX whenever I used Ideal Flight to generate a flight for me and load FSX directly into that flight. If I start FSX first and then use IF, the panels dock properly. No idea what causes that though, sorry. :(

Thats because it hasn't loaded properly. It happens sometimes. Try again or defrag?If all else fails, uninstall and load again.
As I said...this is a brand new install with no liveries added yet. The only thing added is the FS9 MD-11 update to version v1.20.0055. I can try all day...same result. I'll give the defrag a go and then try to build the flight again and see what happens.

OK...tried all the suggestions. Uninstalled the MD-11 and made sure all files were gone. Installed the FS9 PMDG MD-11 and the version update. Did a defrag. Loaded the default FS9 Cessna flight, went to the Cockpit view and loaded the MD-11. The panel was fine, at this point. Moved to my departure airport, loaded the flightplan in FS9...and saved the flight. Exited FS9 and rebooted the system. Restarted FS9 and loaded the saved flight...and it still did not load the panel correctly...SSDD :( Anyone else have any suggestions?

Made a support ticket to PMDG regarding this and they got right back to me (sweet!). "Did you try renaming or deleting the FS9.cfg file? It looks like there's a funky saved panel state in there for some reason.RegardsPaul GollnickManager Customer SupportPrecision Manuals Development Group" I deleted the FS9.CFG and, while at it, I replaced the default flight (FLTSIM.FLT) with the original from the CD...just to be sure. Started FS9 to create a new FS9.cfg and all is working well in the world! I'm waiting to hear back from support regarding what part of the FS9.cfg they suspect caused the problem before doing any changes. :( :( :( Thanks for the help, PMDG support!