Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

Quiz Time!

The final enhancement to my new VC10 panel which will be on avsim when I've finished writing up the extensive manual and check lists.Do "you" know what these are? (I do :-) obviously!)The images are from my new panel.vololiberista

Yaw Damper gauges.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Cabin Ejection System Arm switches, perhaps for those "Air Rage" cases?1st row is for 1st Class2nd row is for Business Class3rd row is for Coach/ Economy Class(es) :( Alan :(

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Main Rudder and Trim positions?I did some research!
Wrong kind of research!!!!!!!vololiberista

They are know as TRU indicators. Meaning "Transformer Rectifier Unit". Their basic purpose is to rectify AC current to DC current. The image here shows the "normal" setting indicating Nos 1 & 2 cross lined which transversely shows that Bus 1 & 2 are in line! The standby indicator is in line indicating that it can be switched to bus 1 or 2 in the event of a failure. Having this in front of the pilot is important on the VC10 as it uses a split surface method of control in the event of a systems failure. These indicators show the pilot in a short hand way which systems are working and which control surfaces are available so that he can split control between him and the co pilot as the aircraft uses both a fly by wire sustem (long before Airbus) and hydraulic system.What you see is fully functional in the forthcoming new panel.vololiberista