Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avgaskoolaid

Desert effect?

Hello everyone. I was wondering if there is a fix for the 'desert effect' that can present itself during fall/ spring seasons in FSX? I have always hated this aspect of the sim, and was wondering how to fix it. If the only solution is scenery textures/ landclass software for the specific area I fly most, which product/ company would you recommend most? Sorry if I sound like a novice, as I am a 6 year veteral of FS, but I have been on a 4 month long hiatus while I scraped up funds for a new computer. Any ideas about this are helpful. This desert effect has always made my morning welcome into Europe after a trans-atlantic flight particularly uninteresting, bland, and depressing Yawn.gif (oh yes, sorry about posting this in the wrong place before Silly.gif )

Hello everyone. I was wondering if there is a fix for the 'desert effect' that can present itself during fall/ spring seasons in FSX? I have always hated this aspect of the sim, and was wondering how to fix it. If the only solution is scenery textures/ landclass software for the specific area I fly most, which product/ company would you recommend most? Sorry if I sound like a novice, as I am a 6 year veteral of FS, but I have been on a 4 month long hiatus while I scraped up funds for a new computer. Any ideas about this are helpful. This desert effect has always made my morning welcome into Europe after a trans-atlantic flight particularly uninteresting, bland, and depressing Yawn.gif (oh yes, sorry about posting this in the wrong place before Silly.gif )
Hellolook for Adam Mills textures over at Flightsim.com which are a modified set of the default textures or for a payware solution GEX Europe, although I find the colours of these textures specifically the shade of green used to be not very convincing.Along with those Ultimate terrain europe is a must buy IMHO as is Scenery Solutions Europe landclass which works well when layered correctly with Ultimate terrain.