Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pilliar117

Scenery objects glitch?

Hi! Recently I downloaded a WMKK scenery and it was meant for FS2004, but apparently it works with FSX as well. However, I noticed that certain objects look a bit weird with a rectangle outline around them that looks like a mirror. The attached photos should help you understand what is happening. The objects above the jetways are the ones I am talking about. They look weird and are totally transparent meaning I can see through to the other side of the terminal building. This also happens on another FS2004 scenery but compatible with FSX. There are no other problems with the sceneries. ThanKS!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's not an uncommon problem when using FS2004 sceneries inside of FSX. In fact, I have used a few of FlyTampa's FS9 sceneries like KMIA in FSX and noticed the same issues with some ojects displaying transparency issues.The way I fix these issues is to download Arno's ModelConverterX and load the .bgl into that program and convert it to an FSX model. Arno's tool also has feature built in to check and set the default transparency using the built in Material Editor. I will not lie, it is a bit of a time consuming process and in some cases you may need to use the freeware BGLanalyze to first convert the bgl into a SCASM file, then load that SCASM file into ModelConverterX.I think BGLanalyze can be found here on the Avsim library and ModelConverterX can be found on the FSDeveloper website -> http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14215

Thanks! Do I need to do it for all bgl or only airport bgl?Sent from my 7 Mozart T8698 using Board Express

Also, once I use the ModelConverter, it becomes a mdl file. How do i convert this back into a bgl? Thanks!