Sign in to follow this  
Ramirin

Any sales planned for 4th of july?

Give me a beak!!! Rocket scientist?
Ok how about this for the beak....bigbird.jpgAnd this for the scientistBeakerHoneydew460.jpgSorry I had to

But don't be misled and expect the PMDG to be the best thing since sliced bread 'cos IMO it has a lot to live up to!
I agree. In fact I am 100% sure that the delay on the PMDG 737 release is directly connected to the Ifly 737. They didn't expect such competition, and after seeing it in action, they had to go back and re-code some of the features.
Somehow I doubt that's the case, maybe the other way around though based on what the PMDG boss said since they have a copy of the competitions version.
Gents-I am going to put a stop to this line of discussion, and ask that you all re-engage this topic AFTER we release the NGX.There is a *massive* qualitative difference between these two products, but in order for me to explain precisely "how" I will have to get into vivid detail on the shortcomings of a competing product- and that will wind up creating the kind of manufactured drama that bores us all to death...There has long been a a really excited user contingent running around the flight simulator community who seem to think that if you like one product/developer you have to hate another- (Anyone remember the manufactured PMDG/Level D drama? I never understood that idiocy either...) and this level of immaturity has unfortunately had an impact on the way products get marketed and what developers can/cannot say without seeing groups of folks get their knickers in a twist of things that are really unimportant to the discussion.As always at PMDG we prefer to let our products speak for themselves- and this one speaks quite clearly.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Somehow I doubt that's the case, maybe the other way around though based on what the PMDG boss said since they have a copy of the competitions version.
I agree that the PMDG bird will be a more sophisticated product.I'm just saying (and this is totally possible) that the guys at Ifly found more efficient ways to code certain systems. Then PMDG took note and went back to implement something similar and maybe improve some algorithms and FPS.