Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ramirin

Any sales planned for 4th of july?

Are you aware of any sales/discounts at major FS stores planned for the upcoming 4th of July weekend? I have a couple benjamins burning in my pocket! :-)

Not sure about the 4th, but at the mo theres 25% off rex, 20% off Aerosoft fs tools

Not sure about the 4th, but at the mo theres 25% off rex, 20% off Aerosoft fs tools
...and I'm off to buy REX. Thanks.Edit, I'm not seeing REX for 25% off? Can you provide a link, thanks.

Oh, very very nice price!!! Thanks again.
Yeah, real bargain but I already own it. Wouldn't mind buying the boxed version at that price though.I have a weakness for boxed software...:-)

I wonder if I should buy the Aerosoft Katana 4X and ORBX CRM or continue to wait for the PMDG NGX?

I wonder if I should buy the Aerosoft Katana 4X and ORBX CRM or continue to wait for the PMDG NGX?
Tough call - they're apt to be very different experiences. The Katana is the PMDG of general aviation aircraft - really enjoyable, deep systems and gives you a real sense of what it means to own and take care of a GA aircraft. Orbx CRM will be, well, more Orbx, which means a perfect match for the Katana. The NGX looks like it's going to be the ultimate high-and-fast tubeliner whenever it gets here - but it's still hard to say when that will be.While you're at it, don't forget about the upcoming A2A "Captain of the Ship" upgrade to their Stratocruiser, which looks like it's going to offer still a different kind of immersion. It's a hard time to budget for FSX add-ons, which is a good problem to have in some respects, but it's still a problem.

Tough call - they're apt to be very different experiences. The Katana is the PMDG of general aviation aircraft - really enjoyable, deep systems and gives you a real sense of what it means to own and take care of a GA aircraft. Orbx CRM will be, well, more Orbx, which means a perfect match for the Katana. The NGX looks like it's going to be the ultimate high-and-fast tubeliner whenever it gets here - but it's still hard to say when that will be.
I used to be a high-and-fast type of pilot and photo-real scenery user until I discovered ORBX PNW and AU, a few weeks ago. Now I'm discovering the joy of flying low and slow over the highly detailed ORBX scenery. I heard good things about the Aerosoft Katana 4X and I really want to take it for a spin.Having said that I'm really looking forward to a good 737 simulation. In preparation for that I recently purchased Sim-Savvy Photoreal America which set me back almost $200. Seems that I can't stop myself from throwing money onto FSX!

I used to be a high-and-fast type of pilot and photo-real scenery user until I discovered ORBX PNW and AU, a few weeks ago.
Funny, I'm the opposite - long-time low-and-slow flyer, now trying my hand at tubeliners. I like the complexity (not to mention the weight and stability), but it's hard to free up the time. I figure if I focus on one airliner and really try to learn it, I might be able to get the hang of it. The PMDG 737 ought to fit the bill.As to throwing money at FSX - you got that right!

I can say that I own both the Katana and the iFLY 737NGX. The Katana is simply a wonderful bit of kit, just a great little plane to fly. It has the option to be as simple or as complicated as you wish. It has a wonderful 'feel' about it, flies beautifully, has fantastic detail and resolution, superb VC, excellent sound and good framerate. I can't recommend the aircraft enough. One thing which I like more than any other of my GAs is the visibility, which is awesome, perfect for low slow flying around any of the Orbx scenery. The only downside I have about it (if you can call it that) is it's not a power horse, so don't expect to be flying around the areas at the speed of a Lancair! But if you want a nicely crafted GA, that flies beautifully, then get the Katana :( As for the iFLY, a few teething problems which are being sorted out with a SP as I type. But don't be misled and expect the PMDG to be the best thing since sliced bread 'cos IMO it has a lot to live up to!

I As for the iFLY, a few teething problems which are being sorted out with a SP as I type. But don't be misled and expect the PMDG to be the best thing since sliced bread 'cos IMO it has a lot to live up to!
I agree. In fact I am 100% sure that the delay on the PMDG 737 release is directly connected to the Ifly 737. They didn't expect such competition, and after seeing it in action, they had to go back and re-code some of the features.

Give me a beak!!! Rocket scientist?
Ok how about this for the beak....bigbird.jpgAnd this for the scientistBeakerHoneydew460.jpgSorry I had to

But don't be misled and expect the PMDG to be the best thing since sliced bread 'cos IMO it has a lot to live up to!
I agree. In fact I am 100% sure that the delay on the PMDG 737 release is directly connected to the Ifly 737. They didn't expect such competition, and after seeing it in action, they had to go back and re-code some of the features.
Somehow I doubt that's the case, maybe the other way around though based on what the PMDG boss said since they have a copy of the competitions version.
Gents-I am going to put a stop to this line of discussion, and ask that you all re-engage this topic AFTER we release the NGX.There is a *massive* qualitative difference between these two products, but in order for me to explain precisely "how" I will have to get into vivid detail on the shortcomings of a competing product- and that will wind up creating the kind of manufactured drama that bores us all to death...There has long been a a really excited user contingent running around the flight simulator community who seem to think that if you like one product/developer you have to hate another- (Anyone remember the manufactured PMDG/Level D drama? I never understood that idiocy either...) and this level of immaturity has unfortunately had an impact on the way products get marketed and what developers can/cannot say without seeing groups of folks get their knickers in a twist of things that are really unimportant to the discussion.As always at PMDG we prefer to let our products speak for themselves- and this one speaks quite clearly.

Somehow I doubt that's the case, maybe the other way around though based on what the PMDG boss said since they have a copy of the competitions version.
I agree that the PMDG bird will be a more sophisticated product.I'm just saying (and this is totally possible) that the guys at Ifly found more efficient ways to code certain systems. Then PMDG took note and went back to implement something similar and maybe improve some algorithms and FPS.