Sign in to follow this  
Dent

VC Rain and preset airline options

Hello All. I would fist like to say thankyou to the wonderful PMDG team for taking the time out of their busy schedules to participate in the discussions here on Avsim. This is my first post here so please pardon me if I violate any rules of which I may not currently be aware. I wouyld like to know whether the NGX will be the first major FSX only addon that will actually have rain visible on the windows in the virtual cockpit. My second question addresses whether or not each airline livery can be preset/saved to have the options specific to that airline.Dent Lapmington

I wouyld like to know whether the NGX will be the first major FSX only addon that will actually have rain visible on the windows in the virtual cockpit.
Though VC rain was present in the JS41, it has been stated several times that it is simply not possible to include this in the NGX; they have already hit the limit for animations.

I may be wrong, but I am fairly certain the rain effect won't be included in the VC of the NGX as the limitsed effects available were used elsewhere. Makes sense when you think about the amount of time this effect would be required compared with other effects.

Thank you for correcting me. I do have the J41 but I just now realize that I've never flown it in rain yet. I remember seeing statements about the animation limit but not specifically regarding VC Rain. I apologize for the question being repetitive in any way...

Actually most of the comments regarding animation limitations have been made in regards to the lack of VC rain! My quick search for "rain" in this forum turned that topic up at the top of the list! The definite answer is "no" or course.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Rain - no.Airline options - it's very extensive and we'll detail it at some point here.
Thank you for your response. I'm looking forward to the amazing things that are soon to be detailed.
Actually most of the comments regarding animation limitations have been made in regards to the lack of VC rain! My quick search for "rain" in this forum turned that topic up at the top of the list! The definite answer is "no" or course.
Hmm...Maybe I just didn't play close enough attention due to having a fantasy in my head concerning this wonderful airplane! :(

Sneeze on your monitor, then it will look like rain in the VC.
:( Be careful with your tips, someone might come back and ask you if the wipers will remove it Big%20Grin.gif