Sign in to follow this  
cheys

Landing lights issue

I have a problem with the landing lights. When I see my aircraft in tower view, my landing lights are not properly centered, default as the add-on aircraft. The further the plane is away from the tower, the further they are from the center. I've re-installed FSX multiple times, for this reason but also for other reasons. I have purchased “3D Lights Redux” hoping that would be gone, but no it is still there. I have now bought a new powerful PC. I have installed FSX completely clean. But the problem is still present. Please can you give me a a simple answer to the following questions.1 Do you have this problem also?2 Is this a known problem with FSX?3 How can I rectify this?I am considering of buying me a new edition of "FSX Gold Edition" if everyone tells me that this problem is unknown for them.So please answer certain yes or no to question one.I have: FSX Deluxe + Acceleration (SP1 and SP2) 3D light redux,Rex Xtreme 2.0.Thankschris

I don't think you need to install Acceleration if you have SP2 installed and vice versa, do you have DX10 preview ON ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Thanks for the response.DX10 preview is OFF.I know SP2 is included in the acceleration pack.So I understand that you do not have this problem?.

I don't think you need to install Acceleration if you have SP2 installed and vice versa, do you have DX10 preview ON ?

2 Is this a known problem with FSX?
This is a known problem with FSX. As you move your point of view, the landing lightsmove relative to the aircraft.Some add-on vendors develop their own landing lights to avoid this issue.

Bert

Can you please answer question one, or can I assume you have this problem to?I think this is strange because the other lights, recognition lights, strobelights and navlights lights are always positioned correctly. Whatever the viewing angle or position is.Thanks for the reply.

This is a known problem with FSX. As you move your point of view, the landing lightsmove relative to the aircraft.Some add-on vendors develop their own landing lights to avoid this issue.

This is a known problem with FSX, particularly with AI aircraft.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No, I have not seen this problem with AI traffic.It may be hard to explain but I add a photograph. Here I place my aircraft at the beginning of the runway. I look at my plane fromTower view, and you can see the landing lights are not in the center. The further the aircraft is away from the tower the more the lights are off the center . For example, if I place my aircraft in the vicinity of the tower than they are almost in place. Remember, only in towerview.It's not a big problem but I like to see my landing in Tower View and also in replay mode. I do still worse to me.Do you have this problem also?thanks anyway.

This is a known problem with FSX, particularly with AI aircraft.

Can you please answer question one, or can I assume you have this problem to?
Yes.

Bert

Here a screenshot of the Tower view on my system (FSX+Acceleration)with the same problem..

Bert

Thanks. This is what I was waiting for. Hopefully there are others who can confirm this?And this can not be repaired I suppose?

Here a screenshot of the Tower view on my system (FSX+Acceleration)with the same problem..

I believe there are fixes for this problem - google is your friend.Since this doesn't really annoy me that much, I don't bother to download a fix for this problem. (I also mainly fly at day).

I guess nobody is worried about it. On google you can not find much about it. That's why I thought it was only with me. I have not found a fix on google?

I believe there are fixes for this problem - google is your friend.Since this doesn't really annoy me that much, I don't bother to download a fix for this problem. (I also mainly fly at day).

Really.. would you mind sharing? :(

Bert

No, there is not. The "problem" lies within the FSX's tower camera code.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator