Sign in to follow this  
JC75

SDK On release day?

Will the NGX release with the SDK or will we see that appear some time after?

We'll wait for an official reply but it seems unlikely for the following reasons: The developer of FS2Crew has implied that the SDK hasn't been included in any of the beta builds. The 737-600 and 700 are also due to be released in a few weeks, so PMDG will probably be busy working on those after dealing with a large influx in support requests following the base pack release (regardless of how good the NGX is when it is released). I'd therefore imagine it will still be some time before we see the SDK, or FS2Crew :( Happy to be corrected though.

We'll wait for an official reply but it seems unlikely for the following reasons: The developer of FS2Crew has implied that the SDK hasn't been included in any of the beta builds. The 737-600 and 700 are also due to be released in a few weeks, so PMDG will probably be busy working on those after dealing with a large influx in support requests following the base pack release (regardless of how good the NGX is when it is released). I'd therefore imagine it will still be some time before we see the SDK, or FS2Crew sad.png Happy to be corrected though.
They are having a sale on the FS2Crew product site, says they are making room for the 737NGX so who knows, it sounds like its already in development but It could just be me wishing too much again hehe,

Do you think the FMS will be open to development for items like ACARS and Proprietary VA menus?

VA intergration would be really cool or even VATSIM integration, like sending your plan to the tower and everything. but hey, theyve done alot already so i am just looking forward to flying this thing

We'll wait for an official reply but it seems unlikely for the following reasons: The developer of FS2Crew has implied that the SDK hasn't been included in any of the beta builds. The 737-600 and 700 are also due to be released in a few weeks, so PMDG will probably be busy working on those after dealing with a large influx in support requests following the base pack release (regardless of how good the NGX is when it is released). I'd therefore imagine it will still be some time before we see the SDK, or FS2Crew sad.png Happy to be corrected though.
Nope, nope, nope! All I said in my forum is that I know nothing and that I'll leave the talking to Robert regarding an SDK. Please don't deconstruct or look for hidden sub-texts in the FS2Crew forum. It could have an SDK on release day or it could not. You know as much as I do.

Well hope it does - as SDK to me is what sells this product - might have all singing and dancing features, but then having to click with a mouse just makes it a game again - its why the leveld 767 outshines the 747/md11 etc, it makes it real again being able to fly with buttons, knobs and levers. 787's and a380's might have their version of BMWs Idrive lol but they still yet gone down the route of having usb mice! So if not out on release - the sim wont become great till it is released, especially as that to will open up fs2crew - and hopefully a raft of clever other little apps that can link into the SDK. For Islam - take a look at what people are achieving with the SDK that comes with the LevelD 767 to see just how it brings your fsx from a game into a proper simulator

Sorry Bryan, I was not attempting to look for any hidden meanings behind your posts in the FS2Crew forum. You've said numerous times that you've been waiting for the SDK - as recently as 25th July - despite previously stating that you were in the same position as AoA with regards to being given a beta copy of the NGX. As you say, the NGX could very well come out with an SDK on release day. However, my own opinion commences with the interpretation that if the SDK hasn't previously been included in the beta, we're unlikely to see it suddenly pop up on release day, particularly when there is still work to be done on the other NGX variants. Of course this is just an opinion. I agree that really need to wait for PMDG to comment.

Geoff, No worries. So long as you're not playing FS2Crew sound recordings 'backwards' looking for secret messages -and I suspect it's been done before- we're all okay happy.png The NGX will undoubtedly be the biggest plane for FSX, ever, and we'll be doing everything in our power to get an FS2Crew out for it as soon as possible. So worry not. Cheers,