Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

Black screen after long flight

When flying for about 5 hours straight my screen goes completely black, the sim is still running and the plane sounds are still there but I have no visual on the aircraft or it's systems. It's not a problem I have come across with FSX before but I got really annoyed when it happened. If anyone knows of this problem and or a solution to this it would be appreciated if you could get back to me. Thanks. ----Shamrock727----

If you're using Windows 7 - do a search in the CTD forum, for "UIAtomationCore.dll": read up on it, as this is certainly one of the causes. You might find more on it here, too.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Yes I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I have found the file "UIAtomationCore.dll" and the tutorial on how to delete It, but I cant delete It until I take owner-ship of the file, How can I do that?

I try not to use the menu late in long flights because that's when I get balck screens. Early on it's ok but later when I need to look at the map for the ILS for instance, bam.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Here is a good MS Technet discussion on the issue and the fix, along with a more severe fix at the end:- http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproappcompat/thread/fb1808ff-92f0-478b-9826-f2ed6fbeae97 At this point I would not delete any of the .dll in the system folders: I've found it sufficient just to drop in the 6.0.5840.16386 version of the file - get it here: http://www.search-dll.com/dll-files/download/uiautomationcore.dll.html and then register the dll in the registry while you're in the root FSX folder. Hold Shift and right click, Select "Open command window here" from the list of options, then copy/paste this:- regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll FSX should then use this version rather than either of the OS system folder versions, so there should be no need to delete them.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

You don't need to delete the original files. Just put that downloaded one in the FSX root folder. I was so thankful when I found that solution months ago because FSX was unusable for me without a fix.

I have put the downloaded file in the FSX root folder. Hopefully It will all be ok now! Thanks for your help guy's cool.png

Here is a good MS Technet discussion on the issue and the fix, along with a more severe fix at the end:- http://social.techne...26-f2ed6fbeae97 At this point I would not delete any of the .dll in the system folders: I've found it sufficient just to drop in the 6.0.5840.16386 version of the file - get it here: http://www.search-dl...oncore.dll.html and then register the dll in the registry while you're in the root FSX folder. Hold Shift and right click, Select "Open command window here" from the list of options, then copy/paste this:- regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll FSX should then use this version rather than either of the OS system folder versions, so there should be no need to delete them.
Just wanted to say Thank You for this HU. I too was having an issue which proved so maddening that well into a long flight,all of a sudden the sim went 'black screen' yet the sounds were still therein the background.Ok,I could recover the flight via FSUPIC but would have to go through all that FMC programming once more,and in most cases just abandoned and called it a waste of time. Now, I did have that UIAutomationCore.dll where it should have been but as per a previous post I saw elsewhere,could not quite register it. Now with that syntax you included with your HU,I was able to register it----no more lock-ups,so thanks.

You're Welcome., Rick! Glad you got it fixed!