Sign in to follow this  
djmads

Is it worth me getting the 737NGX ?

If you're really into the simulation- you can always really crank down the fsx settings and get rid of the any other addons. I think you would get at least 10-15 fps, which would be worthy of simulating the 737. Until you get a better machine anyway. 737 is so good that it's hard not to recommend it to anyone with a pc from the last 5 years.

If you're really into the simulation- you can always really crank down the fsx settings and get rid of the any other addons. I think you would get at least 10-15 fps, which would be worthy of simulating the 737. Until you get a better machine anyway. 737 is so good that it's hard not to recommend it to anyone with a pc from the last 5 years.
is it true that if you disable some country scenery you never use it will increase your frames?

I gained a lot of FPS when I got win 7 64. I get around 25-30 FPS with the MD-11. I also ran my fsx.cfg through *******' tweaking tool.

I gained a lot of FPS when I got win 7 64. I get around 25-30 FPS with the MD-11. I also ran my fsx.cfg through *******' tweaking tool.
I am so confused I dunno what to do lol

I am so confused I dunno what to do lol
Make a list of cheapest to most expensive solutions, and go through- see what gives you any improvements before you spend $$$ on hardware.

Sorry for my bad computer knowledge, what is GPU?
Its your graphics card. Don't worry, I was once a terrible at all my PC parts, but I learnt.

Make a list of cheapest to most expensive solutions, and go through- see what gives you any improvements before you spend $$$ on hardware.
I have just found my other Win 7 which is a 64 bit and I have a 2gb USB stick to increase my ramwouldnt disabling scenery from say ASIA or China where I dont fly increase my frames?

I have just found my other Win 7 which is a 64 bit and I have a 2gb USB stick to increase my ram wouldnt disabling scenery from say ASIA or China where I dont fly increase my frames?
sorry, USB RAM stick? Am I missing something? never heard of such thing I meant, if you have any addon scenery and you're trying to fly within it- it would decrease your FPS. Otherwise, I don't think that just getting rid of scenery will do you any good. By the sound of it, if you can somehow upgrade to a 64bit system, you will likely find the best gains.

I have both the Ifly737 and the NGX. I also have many addons for scenery such as rex, utx, and FTX running. The Ifly drags frame rates down unless i fly it with the HGS in the up position. And then I still lose frame rates till i reach altitude. I do not have that problem with the NGX. Your system appears to meet the minimums, however, it is a little on the weak side. your processor can probably be overclocked to 2.7 or possibly even 3 gigaherz. A little homework will confirm that. Your 32 bit OS however isnt capable of using more than 4 gigabyte of ram unfortunately, and thats where a 64 bit system would help out the most. Until then however, there are things you can do. Get the airplane. Its obviously important to you. use a program that turns off all unneeded background processes before you run FSX. Add 2 more gigabyte of ram once you can afford it. Then start thinking about upgrading that OS. all the while you can be enjoying your NGX. Just turning off background processes such as the windows indexer will help amazingly. and the program that does that is free.. I believe its called "gamebooster" or something like that. Pam

I have both the Ifly737 and the NGX. I also have many addons for scenery such as rex, utx, and FTX running. The Ifly drags frame rates down unless i fly it with the HGS in the up position. And then I still lose frame rates till i reach altitude. I do not have that problem with the NGX. Your system appears to meet the minimums, however, it is a little on the weak side. your processor can probably be overclocked to 2.7 or possibly even 3 gigaherz. A little homework will confirm that. Your 32 bit OS however isnt capable of using more than 4 gigabyte of ram unfortunately, and thats where a 64 bit system would help out the most. Until then however, there are things you can do. Get the airplane. Its obviously important to you. use a program that turns off all unneeded background processes before you run FSX. Add 2 more gigabyte of ram once you can afford it. Then start thinking about upgrading that OS. all the while you can be enjoying your NGX. Just turning off background processes such as the windows indexer will help amazingly. and the program that does that is free.. Pam
Thanks alot thats made me alot clearer on what to do, any programme I can install to turn of any unnecessary background processes?

I have just found my other Win 7 which is a 64 bit and I have a 2gb USB stick to increase my ramwouldnt disabling scenery from say ASIA or China where I dont fly increase my frames?
I don't know if disabling scenery will gain you anything. I think scenery only gets loaded when you approach it. But make shure to run your fsx.cfg through ******* tool. Searh for it here at the PMDG forums as I cannot remember the URL. It's something with 'venetubo' I think... When you go to the site it tells you exactly how to do :)

I don't know if disabling scenery will gain you anything. I think scenery only gets loaded when you approach it. But make shure to run your fsx.cfg through ******* tool. Searh for it here at the PMDG forums as I cannot remember the URL. It's something with 'venetubo' I think... When you go to the site it tells you exactly how to do :)
Thanks alot will look into it

Sorry guys I have confused people with the USB thing I mean USB memory - that is called Readyboost and it uses USB storage to speed up the computer. It doesn't work that well however