Sign in to follow this  
purpel

VSI NGX

Anyone find it going crazy on u? Edit I meant Vertical Speed controlled by autopilot Purpel Nicki

In all the hours of testing I have done I can say no to that one. What modes are you using. What does your FMA read? Gotta give some data here.JackColwill

That sounds you have something conflicting with your ngx there Delta (dont forget your name. Calling you Delta just doent seem right! Lol). Try Unplugging that joystick and does it still do it?JackColwill

Go back to Tutorial 1 and repeat, no need to do all of it unless you want to. Just break off part way through, maybe save it at the point where its set to take off then try it a few times til you have it licked. Don`t forget that if you move the joystick etc more than a preset amount autopilot will disengage. So get it into the right attitude setting with the joystick/yolk set so you`re not fighting to keep it pointing up/down before you engage the autopilot. Make sure your joystick/yolk is set up properly in Windows before you start.

Yes. Me too. With VNAV engaged. It starts doing it at and above 10,000ft. It got to 6000" positive vertical speed. Then dropped back down to 1600 positive vertical speed; it would do this 3 or 4 times until I reach cruise alt. It climbs perfectly fine in clear weather. So I think it might be the weather program (ase) or fsuipc.Ashley Frew

Yes. Me too. With VNAV engaged. It starts doing it at and above 10,000ft. It got to 6000" positive vertical speed. Then dropped back down to 1600 positive vertical speed; it would do this 3 or 4 times until I reach cruise alt. It climbs perfectly fine in clear weather. So I think it might be the weather program (ase) or fsuipc. Ashley Frew
I don't use FSUIPC or a weather program. It will go into a stall at 6000 ft per min for me. Descent works fine but Ascent is real bad so I just hand fly it

I have noticed on myy machine, that weather, whether its generated by fsx or a third party program, has a habit of wreaking havoc with auto pilots. It happens with my IFlys, it happens with CLS, it happens with everything. Once I get up to a non specific altitude, at some point, the plane will start bouncing side to side, rolling, going off course, pitching up etc.. I have experienced this with the default weather generater, ASE, ASX, REX, you name it.. they all cause it.. But i have no clue whats going on.. I might suggest you turn off your weather, and do a test flight to see if the problems persist.

So I think it might be the weather program (ase) or fsuipc.
A lot of the beta team tested with ASE and ASX without any issues. Same goes for the FSUIPC weather smoothing.Think this problem originates somewhere else... More data needed though. Hope it helps,

Hey mate. Yeah I'm hearing ya. I remember reading somewhere that they used ase and fsuipc. The problem does exist though, but I think the problem lies not with the ngx, but something else. It's quite late here in Australia and my eyelids are drooping beyond limits. I'll give it another bashing tomorrow. Good night/morning/afternoon or whatever it is in your country.Ashley Frew

I have also experienced this on my first and second flights - during a VNAV climb on autopilot, it spontaneously went into CWS and started climbing like a rocket on two occasions, seemingly unassociated with wind gusts. Very hard to get the nose down and try and reengage autopilot at this stage. Had to give full forward yoke also. System:Win 7 pro 64-bit, fsx sp2, i5-750 @3.8, 5770, 4gb ddr3, CH yoke and pro pedalsOnly other flight sim products installed are REX and some other PMDG aircraft. Note however that REX was not activated, and I was using the default FSX 'fair weather' theme Also unsure whether it's actually the NGX or weather... Will investigate further.

To begin with make sure that your control hardware (e.,g. joystick) is not spiking or moving. Secondly make sure that there is no external utility that bangs your memory for no apparent reason. Thirdly make sure, if you use a weather programme, that default FS turbulence effects are turned OFF (the FSX turbulence modelling is unrealistic and incomplete unfortunately). Fourth make sure that the airplane is loaded properly with a proper CG within parameters (trying to cover all possibilities here). We used real world weight and balance graphs in the PAYLOAD manager.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================