Sign in to follow this  
Guest Adraesh

Trouble on FSX multiplayer session

This heavy issue needs to be handled by the PMDG tech support / and coder definitelly, that's for sure.I think I'm not the only disappointed customer now who bought an add-on aircraft for around 50€ just to figure out it's not working at the best, well-frequented FSX gamespy multiplayer server sessions.This is something which needs to have been published before, that this aircraft will NOT work at microsoft's standard gamespy multiplayer sessions or that you didn't even tested it. One of your customers, and member of one of the affected servers who experience the issues, named "Adraesh", has kindly started to ask you here, even with some tech details.(Personal note; Thank you mate for bringing this up =) )I can't believe the seriousness of an imho such an inappropriate answer;

Excuse me you want us to redesign our entire code featuring a fully modelled jet airliner and all its systems so that it runs on your own MP server with your own "home" software ?
Excuse me sir emvaos, with due respect, do you expect that we pay for a plane which is just flyable on singleplayer, IVAO and VATSIM?It seems the PMDG producer and beta tester totally forgot to test it on microsoft's gamespy multiplayer session, which is by far not died!There are still servers out there with a huge count on members, customers of your products who are interested to fly it at their lovely multiplayer place. So no, we don't ask you to recode the multiplayer code in general nor to recode the whole 737 in general, of course not; We ask you kindly why you didn't test it before if it's working on the mircrosoft's standard multiplayer session since all the years of development.We ask you kindly to get in contact with the admins of the biggest gamespy FSX multiplayer sessions if it's necessary to find a solution for this issue. Your other products, 747, MD11, Jetstream are working glamorous on gamespy multiplayer sessions. We expected and we still expect the 737NGX will work there as well. Please PMDG tech support, coder and/or whoever feel responsible to this issue, please fix that heavy issue as soon as possible and set it under your top priority because it's affecting alot(!) [let me take a rough guess here; 100-500] customers!Also please give us an appropriate answer if you are now aware of this issue and if you are heading for solving it. Sincerely, Vit@Proud VA/VL member of HippyHappyGermany

PMDG products are not 100% multiplayer compatible. I have been using the 737NGX on our server and none of us have been kicked out. Not sure what the issue is, must be a server side problem.

Guest Adraesh
PMDG products are not 100% multiplayer compatible. I have been using the 737NGX on our server and none of us have been kicked out. Not sure what the issue is, must be a server side problem.
Again this is a problem that we know and that we have already met with another addon (Real Air B60 Duke). And with the great knowledge of Geoff, Real Air has been able to solve this problem. We are absolutely sure that it isn't a gamespy server problem but instead is a problem of the aircraft itself. I don't say it's exactly the same event but it's the same global trouble.

I guess you should try one of the Servers with minimum 20-30 Players, you can be sure that you gonna encounter the same disconnect as all other Players i have talked to.We are for sure not posting here because only some Player have on some Server that issues.The Servers were there before that Plane and worked fine even with other great Addon Planes.Chris

Guest Adraesh
I understand this but you must remember that PMDG does not focus on the multiplayer side of FSX. If you want this problem sorted out by a PMDG member then submit a support ticket @ http://support.preci...in/Default.aspx
It's already do since several hours ... With a link pointed to this topic.

I have to agree with Adraesh. Seems like signs of a good company starting to take a downward twirl. They already gave a bad attitude toward this issue. It will take pmdg 1 year to fix this i bet. A mdl has to be recompiled and cant be edited.

Guest Adraesh
I have to agree with Adraesh. Seems like signs of a good company starting to take a downward twirl. They already gave a bad attitude toward this issue. It will take pmdg 1 year to fix this i bet. A mdl has to be recompiled and cant be edited.
Absolutely but hope they keep their sources code ... I joke :D. More seriously, again can a moderator pinned this topic ? It's really important for all the gamespy community ...

Make sure you sign your name at the end of your posts and as i have said, PMDG do not focus on multiplayer compatability. Plus they have more important things to sort out at the moment.
It's already do since several hours ... With a link pointed to this topic.
You will have to be paitient, They have more important things to solve at this moment in time.

So in your opinion PMDG doesnt really care about Multiplayer?If this would be the case why they should do that on the other previous Addons?Why selling less Planes due to a non Multiplayer compability issue?Sounds really strange all that..Chris

So in your opinion PMDG doesnt really care about Multiplayer? If this would be the case why they should do that on the other previous Addons? Why selling less Planes due to a non Multiplayer compability issue? Sounds really strange all that.. Chris
Look as i said they have more important things to sort out. Im not the one to be asking and to start assuming things is not a good idea. As i have said before contact support and they will be with you as soon as they can.

Guest Adraesh
Look as i said they have more important things to sort out. Im not the one to be asking and to start assuming things is not a good idea. As i have said before contact support and they will be with you as soon as they can.
We have no choice ... But put you in our shoes. All the gamespy sessions works like family and lot of our member as with us since the beegining of the adventure. For certain Gamespy session it was a long time ago ... For PFS (in exemple) we are a real collectivity. Now we are forced to say our members that it's forbiden use the PMDG 737NGX on our session due to the trouble explain ... You imagine, IVAO or VATSIM say : Sorry but the PMDG 737NGX is forbiden now ... (It's impossible because it's not a real multiplayer system, It's a simulated multiplayer system but imagine at the same).This kind of trouble can kill the gamespy community because we can't flight with the best addon ever created. So, don't tell it's not an important problem ...

Excuse me you want us to redesign our entire code featuring a fully modelled jet airliner and all its systems so that it runs on your own MP server with your own "home" software ?
Sorry, but this is not acceptable. There are many customers like me which has paid 69$ for a really great addon (i think it's the best ever released for fsx) which has one big problem: It's not 100% compatible with FSX. The FSX Multiplayer mode is a basic component of the Simulator so every addon should have to work with it. There are many people flying on FSX Multiplayer sessions like HHG and the other ones. This people now can not fly this great addon - this is a shame. We do not want you to recode the whole aircraft - but there must be away to fix this problem. Your other great addons like 747, MD11 and JS4100 working great with multiplayer. If some people now want to create a multiplyer session in FSX, for example for doing training flight together in theyr NGXs they can do it because it's not stable and lost of connection will appear after a few minutes. The risk of problems increases with number of players in the session - This is a big software bug and has to be fixed soon. We are all respect your work, we was waiting very long (years) for this addon, please do not desert us. We want to fly this plane on our servers. Regards from GermanyRenéFFM

Make sure you sign your name at the end of your posts and as i have said, PMDG do not focus on multiplayer compatability. Plus they have more important things to sort out at the moment.You will have to be paitient, They have more important things to solve at this moment in time.
With due respect but all seriousness, who do you think you are sir "easyworldairlines"? It seems you try to take word for the whole PMDG support, but as far as I can see you just have around 50 posts and are not even one of the support team..What gives you the right and to speak for the whole PMDG team and even speak such strange assertions with such seriousness?Leave the constructive (and no others, like you did) be posted by the PMDG support or anyone else who can add anything helpfull.Another thing I shortly want to mention personally to you "easyworldairlines", ..What do yo think is more important then to fix issues for the (sry for caps) STANDARD FSX GAMESPY MULTIPLAYER SESSIONS?Maybe how you are able to turn on/off your taxi lights?Or likely how to open the GPS?Thanks for pushing our thread anyway and don't see this as a personal attack. I don't expect an answer here from you anymore, as long it's not helpfull. If you want to answer me, do it via PM function.Every futher post(s) should only be posted if it fits to the topic. Your understanding is appreciated.Seriously, to keep it it short, read between the lines, spare your unnecessary comment "easyworldairlines" especially STOP doing your 'wannabe exemplary' posts as long as you don't belong to the official PMDG support and don't really see the real issue here.I think it's against the terms to speak out such lies as you did and it could be worth a permanently ban, imo.So long, there has been opened another thread already, I think just because the "seriousness" of your posts here "easyworldairlines" has been drifted to unimportant. Thanks.........I yell out loud here, guys, mates, don't loose the focus on this important issue just because some (imo) kid came in here and left his nonsense here.Stick only here and post all you can, invite all you can what belongs and who effects the issue. Do NOT split/seperate the threads!Additionally open a support ticket and forward them to this (1) thread.I'm definitelly aware of it, they probably won't fix this issue within the next 24/hours but at the moment we just can push the topic every day to make it clear it's an major issue which has to be fixed/looked up asap.Sincerely,Vit@