Sign in to follow this  
stweaver321

Install Problem - DLL.XML

After installing the NGX, I started FSX and noticed that most of my add-on modules (e.g., FSUIPC, FS_Earth, FSCaptain, etc.) were not loaded. I checked the DLL.XML file and found that the lines that load the "PMDG HUD interface" DLL were inserted at the very top of my DLL.XML file as follows: <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path> <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName> <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName> </Launch.Addon><?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Name>AFXModule</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>e:\Program Files (x86)\AFX\AFXModuleFSX.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> I moved this text inside block with the other add-ons to fix it: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad><Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path> <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName> <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>AFXModule</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>e:\Program Files (x86)\AFX\AFXModuleFSX.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> Stacey Weaver

As a follow-up, the lines in red (which load the PMDG HUD interface DLL) must not be at the start of your DLL.XML or non of the other modules will load. All entries for loading DLL modules must be after the following lines: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"><Descr>Launch</Descr><Filename>dll.xml</Filename><Disabled>False</Disabled><Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> The PMDG installer appears to have a problem here. Stacey Weaver

Installed fine for me.I suspect that your original dll.xml had something in it that confused the PMDG Install script. You might consider sending PMDG a copy of your dll.xml (before it gets chaged again by something else).They should be able to quickly see why their install script failed with "DATA SENSITIVITY" and correct the issue. Inserting the code at the very START of the XML is obviously a very major scripting error !!From what I can see, the Installer script is designed to insert the PMDG code as the LAST "Launch Addon" Have now to wonder how reliable the UNINSTALL is, in removing this PMDG entry from "dll.xml" Geoff

Had same problem. See other posting. Editing the dll.xml fixed the problem. Rich

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

This happened to me also, but its not a big deal, because it happens with other aircraft installs too.I keep a backup DLL.XML to reference and just put everything back where it belongs.The NGX install moved my FSUIPC to the bottom of the list and caused LevelD to have a panel initiation error and FSUIPC not to load.Then if you use the Addon Manager from FSDT, it should be toward the top, right under the toolbox and default stuff, above any addons.