Sign in to follow this  
Joakim

Hud help?

Hi guys! First of all, nice product! I'm a lazy reader, but i have read as much searching "hud" on the .pdf documents, but i can't seem to find what to do to get the Runway edges on the HUD. I set runway length in meters, (Over the 2,287M) Set angle of the G/S. But i can't seem to get the Edges of the runway to show. On ILS rwy 01L on Gardermoen (Cat III) It's not the product, It's me. But what am i doing wrong? OH! Have also tried to set the runway length in Feet. But it does not show.And OH! OH! I landed in 3200 vis. So I't was needed. And when i first started a topic. Someone got a good fuel calc. For this bird? I've been using Vroute for calculating. But they need Payload.And i can't seem to find ny payload nb. in LBS

I believe you need AIII mode to see the runway edges. Make sure that is armed, and then becomes active, when you're attempting this. Check out page 676 of FCOM2 for information on this mode.

The RWY edges only appear when AIII mode engaged (ie not flashing) and at about 200' RATB

You also need BOTH nav radios tuned to the ILS. No ILS, no AIII mode.

Oh. Maybe it's because I'm not config, the Radio altimeter. I'm 100% sure AIII mode is active, and both nav's on the ILS.

And also, you CAN enter this as Meters? Right? Or do i have to put in feet? My FSX is configured for Us Standars (Feet, Knots) But I live in Europe.

Did you also set the runway altitude? Mine showed runway edges in both the tutorial and my first setup flight from Portland to Seattle. At 300 feet the edges show up, and AIII will also show up in the HUD.

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Preston Van Name

PMDG 747-400 PMDG MD-11 PMDG JS41 PMDG 737-NGX

FS2Crew Voice Edition for each, except MD-11

Hi, They appear here. Be sure to have pre-flighted the HGS with runway elevation and length. I tune both radios to the ILS but not sure if this is a requirement for the HGS. I ensure both FD are ON and that APP mode is armed even if hand-flying to ensure the system is in the correct mode for landing. Ensure the aircraft is configured correctly, too, as it seems to detect when you are in the correct landing config (e.g. Flap 30 vs. 40). Best regards,Robin.

Thx Robin, will try on a cat 3 again on GM. But do you have to enter length in feet? Or can u enter it as meters?

Thx Robin, will try on a cat 3 again on GM. But do you have to enter length in feet? Or can u enter it as meters?
You can enter in meters as well. Meters will be valid if you enter a number less than i think 4500 but don't quote me. It's something like that though. I can't for the life of me find it in the manual right now.