Sign in to follow this  
Constantine

FlyTampa Vhhx in PMDG

Hi GuysCould I ask for some advice please, I've just installed the FlyTampa Vhhx old Hong Kong Airport, but I just can't access it, all I get on my PMDG is the default Old Hong Kong Airport, I have followed the install instructions and entered SETTING -ADD-ON etc; as recommended, when i create a flight on my PMDG and I go to the GO TO AIRPORT page when I press go to ADD ON SCENERY this page is always blank even though previously i will have got a promp saying that it has already be added, please could you tell me if i should be doing anything else. May I also ask, even though they provide us with the Plates for the VHHX arrival and approach, if the VHHX is entered the NOT IN DATABASE prompt appears, so I wondered how is it possible to do a complete flight and choose different departures to arrive at VHHX using my PMDG B747-4 when the PMDG rejects VHHX when we try to Initialize our dep and arrival airports. Many Thanks Richard (Nagoya)

If you go to flt tampa's website, there are instructiond there for setting up VHHX!

Hi Moe thank you for the advice, I'd tried the suggested set-up for the scenery library the Kai Tak was installed succesfully but despite everything I just cannot get it into my PMDG add-on file, every time I try to add it to a flight the page remains blank, for some reason I can't relay it from my FS9 file to the PMDG add-on scenery file, the flytampa page advised not clicking on the OK button but on the white screen only tried that followed their instruction to the letter but again hit a brick wall, can't think what else to try? Richard

Hold on, what exactly is your problem? Are you not seeing VHHX at all, or is it only not in your PMDG database?

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Hi, I'm not seeing it at all, it appears listed in my Scenery Library but after I follow all the instructions on how to input the scenery, nothing ever shows in my PMDG add-on file all I get is the old VHHX and a blank page when I look in the add-on file. ThanksRichard

Sorry I omitted to say that after install and set up in the scenery library I then start up my simulator and get the prompt " scenery CFG file error local scenery directory addon scenery SCENERY in scenery area 0.38 not found" but I have already entered it manually, and I have been using Hong Kong as my priority 1 and Hong Kong L-C as my number 2 in the scenery library.Hence there is no sight or record of it in the PMDG and obviously can't be accessed. Thanks Once again Richard

OK this is an install issue. I am not sure how many 3rd party airports you have installed but in FSX even if you see an airport in your scenery libary I always "add it again" to insure initalization. If you have Windows 7, use this: #1. The .bgl files are the AddonScenery\FlyTampa-HongKong and Fly Tampa-HongKong_LC folders #2. Start FSX and go to your Scenery Library:- Highlight FlyTampa-HongKong then click on Add Area- Navigate to the FlyTampa-HongKong, then highlight it and click OK- When FlyTampa-HongKong folder opens (Doc,scenery and texture folders are in there ) then click on blank white area then OK. Scenery will be installed. If you did it correctly, the folder will close automatically or you will get a msg saving it has already been added. Repeat the same for FlyTampa-HongKong_LC. In your scenery library you scroll down to see if you have a default Hong Kong scenery and disable it (untick). If you have AES installed, it must be at the top of the list. Open the Scenery.cfg (in Win 7, it's located in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX) and verify the [Area.xxx] is the same as Layer=xxx and that they are all sequential. If they are out of sync, it has to be corrected (...make a copy 1st ) then run FSX once more and you are done! )There is a tool for this called FSTscenery.exe - I run it everytime I add a new scenery to keep number sequence correct. Now if you are using Flightsim Commander: #3. Follow the instructions in updating the FSC data files - making a copy of the FSX scenery.cfg file and renaming it scenerycfg.fsc etc... #4. Open FSC and go to Window/Airport Information and type in the ICAO of the airport you changed. If you see the change you were expecting, you are done. Note: If you see a duplicate, you have to figure out the one you want to delete. This is simple: both AFCADs will be identical, but the airport information will be different. The .BGL in question will read "Based of file: APXxxxx.bgl" - this is the FSX default and the 3rd party airport will read "Based on file: XXX_ADE.BGL or something. Do a file search for the APXxxx.BGL file in your FSX folder and rename the .BGL part. Hope this helps. Not to sound discouraging but this is the easy part. There is then the issue of adding AI traffic there. Since the airport has been closed sine '98 AI doesn't have routes there. Also getting PMDG SID and STARS for your FMC because VHHX is closed no data is provided in the NAV cycles. I know it may sound daunting but I will try and help you.

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png

X-ManThank you so much for taking time out to give me such a great detailed explanation on this process.To date i have followed the process as you have described, I'm using the PMDG queen of the skies on FS2004 not the FX, my problem now is that I'm getting the prompts saying that Hong Kong & Hong Kong L_C have been added, yet I can't locate them, as when I go to my PMDG and enter VHXX I only get the old Hong Kong from the PMDG no sight of the FlyTampa version.May I ask, should the Tampa Kai Tak appear alongside the PMDG VHHH and Old Hong Kong in my Airport Directory when i use the GO TO AIRPORT ? if not can you tell me how we can access or find it.I have also downloaded and added VHXX to my FMC database, I don't think I'll seek to add AI traffic if I can get this issue resolved and then hopefully locate some flight plans to allow departures and arrivals at this airport I will retire gracefully. My father used to fly VC10s in the RAF flying medivac missions into this airport from 1969-72 and I visited and flew too/from Kai tak many times, and I think that might have been easier than trying to locate my Tampa Kai Tak ha,ha.Anyway that you for the amazing support you have offered me which is very much appreciated indeed !! Warm Best wishes Richard (nagoya japan)

Hi I looked to see if I could find the old Hong Kong in my scenery library but scrolling down there was only Hong Kong picturel view which I disabled, I think what is confusing is that VHXX is quite detailed on PMDG so I'm not sure if this is actually the FlyTampa version so I wish I had some indication that this is what has actually been selected opposed to the original PMDG Old Hong Kong, but looking at the superior graphics of the FlyTampa im still not convinced I've hit on the Fly Tampa VHXX as yet. Many ThanksRichard

Hi I looked to see if I could find the old Hong Kong in my scenery library but scrolling down there was only Hong Kong picturel view which I disabled, I think what is confusing is that VHXX is quite detailed on PMDG so I'm not sure if this is actually the FlyTampa version so I wish I had some indication that this is what has actually been selected opposed to the original PMDG Old Hong Kong, but looking at the superior graphics of the FlyTampa im still not convinced I've hit on the Fly Tampa VHXX as yet. Many ThanksRichard
Richard, PMDG has nothing to do with hong kong kai tek. You NEED to go to fly tampa and ask your questions. They made the scenery and should be able to help you!

Yes your right, thankfully I have located the FlyTampa Kai Tak and it is now safely in my FMC data base also, now I am starting my search to find some flight plans by which I can fly too Vhhx from other airports and use the Charts provided for the VHHX, would you have any idea where I could locate any Flight Plans from say, other Asian or European airport departures too Kai Tak ? Many Thanks again Richard (Nagoya japan)

I use flightsim Commander for flight plans! It costs, but it is worth it to me!

Gentelmen, I followed the posts and I am in total confusion: VHHH, VHHX, VHXX. Jeez man, what are you talking about? And what does "PMDG add-on scenery file" means? PMDG just makes the airplane. If a particular airport information is not in the AIRAC it can be added manually or downloaded. Airports: VHHH the new airport, VHHX the old Kay-Tak, what is VHXX? A made-up ICAO id for the closed airport? If FS still has the old VHHX as a simple field and one adds the "new" VHXX - abviously in the same location DUH - what kind of scenery is that? Do these add-on's delete the old VHHX and put VHXX instead? I would prefer that an add-on rebuilds the airport and puts it with the correct ID. John

Only Richard's posts have VHXX, so he is most likely just misspelling it. So Richard can you confirm that you are typing VHHX in your FMC?

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator