Sign in to follow this  
Ioan92

Autoland Oddity - Neep Help.

Ryan explained in the tutorial I think. You need to have the correct standby instruments fitted to provide a data source for the 'third' autopilot and hence fail operational. In other words you cannot have the analogue instrument option with fail operational autoland. Cant check at the moment because my SSD failed and took FSX with it...sad.png

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Ryan explained in the tutorial I think. You need to have the correct standby instruments fitted to provide a data source for the 'third' autopilot' an hence fail operational. In other words you cannot have the analogue instrument option with fail operational autoland. Cant check at the moment because my SSD failed and took FSX with it...sad.png
Ryan explained in the tutorial I think. You need to have the correct standby instruments fitted to provide a data source for the 'third' autopilot' an hence fail operational. In other words you cannot have the analogue instrument option with fail operational autoland. Cant check at the moment because my SSD failed and took FSX with it...sad.png
Flight instruments accurate and electronic I can understand. The STBY instruments with a whole set of electronic devices. But the inertial data? The ILS data? Is there a third IRS and ILS? Or does it use existing data, that might (in 50-50 chance) have been damaged and the reason to the initial failure?Plus - third ADIRU?

Check your announciators on the PFD If the PFD shows G/P then you are descending to the runway on a mode of VNAV and only have approach, no autoland If the PFD displays G/S then you are descending to the runway using the ILS Glide slope and can have full autoland I couldn't get autoland to work, then realised that I was using G/P rather than G/S and hey presto - all sorted. Regards Fergus Cameron

I'm having problems with autoland at a particular airfield. I have programmed the FMC for a flight between EGAA and EGNT. If I fly an ILS approach to ILS 25 the aircraft will autoland at EGNT no problem so I know autoland does work. If I program the FMC to land at RW 25 and set a RW Ext of 15, then tune both NAV radios, set both course dials etc, the aircraft descends down the GS as indicated on the PFD. A small white 'flare' even appears below 'GS'. The problem is, the aircraft flares but does not touch down and carries on the full length of the runway about 5 feet in the air! I've tried disconnecting the A/T and A/P and although the switches move and alarms sound, I still have no control. It's probably something simple I'm doing wrong but I've had about 5 attempts now with the same outcome. If I follow the same procedure at EGGD the aircraft touches down and autobrakes without issue. I've glanced through the manual for something obvious and searched the forums but can't find an answer. Regards Terry

Core i7 8700K @ 5.0, 2080 Ti FE, 32Gb 3600 RAM, M.2 SSD, Valve Index. 

What pilot lets the aircraft autoland? Ok if its storm! But hey! Do something out of the flight guys!

Is it normal to have the A/C autoland even in single channel mode? approaching ILS LEPA 6L with only NAV1 tuned to the ILS + CMDA only, and it flares and lands on it's own

Is it normal to have the A/C autoland even in single channel mode? approaching ILS LEPA 6L with only NAV1 tuned to the ILS + CMDA only, and it flares and lands on it's own
It is not normal for fail passive. Probobly this is the fail operate option in action.

Maybe the systems need an ils with working DME ?
DME is an approach management tool. It is saperated from the ILS. Some ILS approaches (not many though) are without DME. Just ILS06 for the matter, while indeed most are ILS/DME06. Makes the approach more accurate, I think even a requirement for CAT2/3, but Irrelevant in terms of AFDS autoland function. What is related is the Radio Altemeter.

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Edit... Disregard. I misread the question, and it's late...I should have gone to bed instead of posting.

It is not normal for fail passive. Probobly this is the fail operate option in action.
Well, happens in both modes. No "Single Channel" indication, no Flare, rollout or Land3 in the PFD, it simply flares and autolands

Have the same Problem. No indication of "Singe Channel" , "Flare" or "Rollout". It simply displays G/S and performs a perfect autolandAlthough it is pressed, the APP button light is off and only cmd1 can be used. If i try to use cmd2 too, cmd1 switches off and cmd2 engages. Strange behaviour...

My procedure . When i have the G/S, i click on CMD B 2011-8-11_01.jpgAT 1500 feet, i have LAND 3 .2011-8-11_02.jpgFLARE .2011-8-11_03.jpgRETARD .2011-8-11_04.jpgSPOILER DEPLOYED .2011-8-11_05.jpgREVERSE .2011-8-11_06.jpgA/P AND AUTOBRAKE OFF .2011-8-11_07.jpgHave saves flights .

Hi guys, I'm seeing something weird here - I am on landing, CAT III ILS AUTOLAND and, well the PFD does not display LAND 3 and Rollout, only Flare. Now I'm pretty sure that I did everything right - Both course knobs set, both nav radios tuned in, both FD's on, etc. The plane actually autolands very well, it flares and such, but I'm not seeing the PFD confirm it. Any ideas? or is.. is.. this a bug? tongue.png Please tell me I'm screwing up something! Hypnotized.gif
Hi, please check my post. I might be able to help you... http://forum.avsim.net/topic/343627-how-to-perform-an-autoland/

I have a question about this autoland stuff. I got it working, however, do you need to tune both the Captain's NAV1 & 2 radios as well as the F/O's? Or will the Captain's be good enough? I was afraid you needed to tune every radio to get it to work.