Sign in to follow this  
Robinnn

Overhead Pressurization Panel Digits not showing.

Hye, Every flight I get a warning, when I open the overhead I see this.First I thought it had to do something with icing, but thats not it.How do I solve this? (I made these shots during climb) knipselc.png knipsel2f.png knipsel3q.png I cant turn the little knobs but nothing happens when I do that. Regards,Robin EDIT: Now I am at my cruising level (FL390) and I see this (I am flying to ESKN).knipsel4.png

Which values did you set for cruise and landing altitudes during your preflight overhead setup?

the complete overhead would help could be these errors make sure both ENG Bleeds are ONAPU BLEED OFFand PACKS on AUTO

Sure, since you have an AUTO FAIL, make sure engine bleeds and packs are correctly configured. If that doesn't help, revert to alternate. If still not satisfied or cabin altitude uncontrollable flip the switch to MAN (which you correctly did) and control outflow valve position manually. On ground, you will see five dashes as well (usually another indication of a CPC failure) as long as power requirements are not satisfied (e. g. running on battery only). Since the system needs power from DC buses as well you will normally see the dashes go away once you get the AC transfer buses powered (assuming everything else is functional), by e. g. connecting that APU or the like. Generally speaking, when you see a light, it's time to consult the QRH because that would have told you what to do. wink.pngsig.gif

I had this exact same situation on a turn-flight from DFW to DEN and back on Sunday (a very hot day). Both legs had pressurization failures when nearing cruise. Now, I vaguely remember Robert saying something to the affact that pressurization is exactly modeled and that it is affected by hot days in the summer - or something like that. Without studying the manual in detail yet, what I figured out was to put the control knob in "Manual" and use the open/close switch to manually get the inside cabin altitude (big round gauge to left of the control knob - inside dial) back to around 6 or 7000 ft.. Once it was in the ballpark, I could put the control knob back to auto and the flight and land altitude windows would re-populate. The auto-fail light will also extinguish. Whew.gif Now, the question remains to PMDG, is this how it really suppsed to be on hot days? Or, are we uncovering a pressurazaion bug? I have no failures assigned, nor amred, and random is disabled. Thinking.gif Oh, I know the forthcoming answer already... RTFM... LOL.... Someday perhaps... Whistle.gif Oh, and my FSPassengers just love it when I experiment with new (working) buttons enroute. I dropped the dang oxygen masks on them twice during my inflght investigation Shocked.gif

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Oke, an update from my side. Todays flight is from Amsterdam to Cairo.I requested the real flightplan for today N0453F330 EDUPO UZ738 MISGO UZ741 GMH UL603 DINKU UM867 XERUM/N0456F350 UM867 GILUK UN132 KUMBI G400 BLT A16 CVO So I programmed the FMC FL330 and flew into the sky.This is how the overhead part looks like every time I fly (without the FAIL light burning untill I approached my stepclimb)knipselc.png Their was nothing wrong until I approached XERUM, I changed 33000ft to 35000ft on my autopilot panel, changed the level in the FMC and climbed to FL350. (OPT: FL345 / MAX FL370)Then it failed again (see screenshot above) What am I doing wrong?

Do yiou happen to have a snapshot of the cabin pressurization gauge to the left of the auto/man switch? What was the cabin altitude (inner small dial)?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

So I programmed the FMC FL330 and flew into the sky.
Before taking off, did you set the flight altitude on the overhead to 33,000 ? / Tom

Yup, look at your cabin altitude guage, your inside cabin altitude is currently at ~ 35K ft. You should be down around 7K ft on the inside small guage and around 7 or 8 psi on the large outside gauge. Your passengers are going into hypoxia, man! LOL.. Was that the right word? See my post above about the manual knob and open/close switch. PMDG - why is this happening to us? BTW, are you running an active weather addon such as HiFi ActiveSky? I do... Maybe that weather modeling could adversly affect this cabin pressure?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Before taking off, did you set the flight altitude on the overhead to 33,000 ? / Tom
Yes, I did
Yup, look at your cabin altitude guage, your inside cabin altitude is currently at ~ 35K ft. You shoul be down around 7K ft on the inside small guage and around 7 or 8 psi on the large outside gauge. Your passengers are going into hypoxia, man! LOL.. Was that the right word? See me post above about the manual knob and open/close switch. PMDG - why is this happening to us?
Oke

I know I did on Sunday when it happened to me on the two consecutive legs I posted above.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE