Sign in to follow this  
NorwegianAviator

Outstanding job, PMDG!

Just wanted to congratulate PMDG with an outstanding product! Bought this plane on release day, and I'm still blown away. This is the first FS plane where the sound package is 100% perfect. I just love to turn up my 5.1 speakers when I set take-off power. It's like music to my ears to hear the engines spool up. Also, the aerodynamics and the way the plane flies is extremely well done. You've done an outstanding job here, PMDG! I'm a very happy customer! Looking forward to the next products from PMDG. Once again, thank you! :)

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

i have really good base on my sound system, something I dont hear when I have my headphones on is a spine tingling deep low bass sound as the engines throttle back from the cruise. Its most impressive!.

Yea, I managed to get it downloaded and installed on release night and have been flying it as much as possible...the sounds are awesome! I particularly like the deep rumble when throttles are retarded for descent...if I weren't staring at a computer monitor, I'd swear I was in the real thing. Very pleased with this machine! Edit - Andrew nailed it...and posted as I did, lol.

hehe well its something you might miss without the volume turned up and a good base unit but when you hear its its like OMG! hehe

If you're using headphones you need good quality headphones. Otherwise I would not recommend it. And yes, you need to tune up the volume in order to hear all sounds properly. It's like a whole new experience. I just love flying the NGX with my 5.1 speaker system :) I also have a descent pair of headphones that I use every now and then. I'm so happy with the sounds of this airplane. I've tried several other big jets for FSX, including different sound packages (both freeware and payware), but no one even gets close to what PMDG have archived in this product. It's simply outstanding. Since no one have ever done it so well before, I though it wasn't possible. But that was until I purchased the NGX. I've been flying jumpseat in the 737-800 several times with Scandinavian airlines and Norwegian, and this is as real as you can get it from what I can recall. There's only one complaint, but it's not really a complaint. But it would be nice if the sound volume of the APU was a little bit louder in external view. I used to fly the iFLY 737 for some time, and if you're in external view, you can actually hear the APU starting and running. It's pretty loud.

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

Hi Jan, Thank you very much for your feedback! I had a dilemna with the APU sound - the problem is that the wing view sounds are actually playing a derivative of the outside sounds - hence when I turned the APU volume higher it would overwhelm the wingview sounds. So I made it as loud as I could without messing up the wing view sound levels. So its a compromise - on this occassion the wingview sounds won the battle!!! smile.png Thanks again!

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Armen,You're very wecome! I understand the problem. But it's no big deal at all. The sound set for the NGX is as perfect as it's possible to get. Way better than any other product I've purchased, so I can definitely live with that :) After all, I never sit on the ground and listen to the APU anyways :(

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12