Sign in to follow this  
spil

Viewing issue

Hi everyoneNeed some help with a probably easy solved issue. Am an airline captain myself so in real life I just turn my head to view in diffrent directions :) But in FSX compared to FS2009 there is a problem I have not been able to solve so far. I use the new PMDG B737NGX aircrafts, it works fine while on the ground. But no matter what aircraft I use as soon as rotation and especially in level flight and approaches it is impossible to see forward.During the approach I have to use the autopilot to align me properly but I only see the sky. Is there any way to have the same viewing mode as in FS2009 where I do not have to change the view position for the entire flight but I still see forward during level flight and not only way too high up as well as being able to perfom visual approaches actually seeing the terrain in front of me? Good lord this issue has almost killed me. The FS2009 was perfectly for years and I refused very long to use FSX and I understand why.......Anyone with a good solution to this viewing problem? Also, where the h..l is the throttle/spoiler/flap/engine control panel view in B737NGX??Take care guys and thank you in advance for any possible solution suggestions.

I'm new to FSX, and have the same problem in the Mooney at least. I'm solving it using the "move eyepoint" controls during final approach. Sorry, I don't recall the keys those are since I mapped them to a joystick button. But let me know if you can't find them and I can look them up for you. Clear skiesClark

Clark Janes

pmdg_trijet.jpg

Sounds like you are using the 2D views and not the VC? You can adjust that with 'CTRL+Q'=down and SHIFT+CTRL+Q=up As far as the 2D throttle quadrent, they did not model it, there is a huge discussion about that in the PMDG forum, lots of unhappy people about it.

Jay

Hey Spil! Get yourself a Natural Point TrackIR5, and forget all about "this window" or "that window". http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/ This will give you the ability to look at whatever you need to, almost exactly as in the real world.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

TrackIR very very good, Freetrack very good , facetrackNoIR amazing (free needs something things done on it) TrackIR is a paid software. Freetrack and facetrack these both are free softwares you just need a cam. Freetrack requires 3 point LED's for 6 degrees of freedom and Facetracknoir requires a cam and as the name suggests your face. trust me spil you won't regret these. You want the stable and very very nice one then Natural point TrackIR suggested by Paul J. And if you don't want to spend, then those two other characters may interest you.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus