Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3-2-1-Now

LLZ26 at LOWI - Poor Aircraft Performance

Hi, LOWI RW26, RASTA4A.RTT arrival. I set up a hold in the route at RTT, and made the parameters the same as the go-around holding. It seemed to hold fine (though I didn't see the entry) but on the exit, it exited IMMEDIATELY (it was in the right hand turn after having just passed the waypoint), did not fly direct to the next waypoint but flew a near parallel track, 2.5 nm to the side whilst descending. Very bad news in mountainous terrain. I took over with HDG SEL and put it back on track. It then ended up high on the vertical profile as it kept pulling up to decelerate. The FMC then kept telling me the vertical profile was unattainable. Anyone had it fly this approach OK? I exited the hold at 230 kts, clean. Other than this, the aircraft behaved as expected. Best regards,Robin.

Hmm - seems I need to arm APP mode (FAC/GP) for it to get close to following the vertical profile closely. It seems to ignore the speed restrictions in the flight plan, though the speeds are in small writing, not large. I had to use speed intervention. Best regards,Robin.

I've flown the approach multiple times perfectly. I'm never in a clean configuration throughout the approach, though. I'll try it a few time's your way.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Flown it twice, got the aircraft dirty though about halfway down the loc, mine was the eastward LLZ approach though. I dunno about you. I used PBD waypoints though along the LOC so I could imput altitude constraints and targets for the landing, kept it in LNAV and VNAV until th AB the disconnected the AP swung around in the valley and landed on 26.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,670.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now