Sign in to follow this  
RPRIEVER

My plane has turned into a skeleton

Greetings all, Here's a twist on the same issue. I purchased the NGX on Thursday (the day it came out) , and downloaded the liveries the next day. I noticed the "read only" prompt when I had used the livery manager, but the planes seemed to have loaded normally. I've been using the program since then, and it has mostly been working fine. Today, I just booted up FSX and loaded the Southwest -800WL livery. The FSX "freeflight" screen showed the usual Southwest plane spinning around. After a minute or so, that plane became a skeleton. After hitting the "fly now" button, the plane appears (VC cockpit), but all of the screens are black, including the CDU. Yesterday, using the SWA livery I had an issue during the preflight. The plane was powered (I was attempting a cold and dark startup), but then I noticed none of the switches were responding. The knobs/switches would move, but the plane wouldnt respond. For example, turning the baro set knob didnt change the setting on the PFD (although I could hear the clicking sound as I turned the knob). Switching off the ground power or battery also didnt do anything. The switches would move, but the plane wouldnt respond. My computer specs are in my signature. I was running ASE, and have EZDok installed, although not yet configured. Any ideas? ps....I have noticed 2 other issues over the past week. After loading the NGX, the initialization is taking a long time (ie, it takes a while before the "initialization" prompt appears on the top of the screen). Also, almost everytime I close the program, I get a fatal error.

You need to read the Introduction.pdf. It explains how to fix the skeleton plus many other tweaks to help FSX run a bit smoother.

You need to read the Introduction.pdf. It explains how to fix the skeleton plus many other tweaks to help FSX run a bit smoother.
I did read that intro, and definately did the things that were suggested. I have been using the NGX sdince it come out on Thursday. It was only yesterday that things started acting weirdly. The strange thing is that I just looked in the fsx.cfg file, and things seem to have changed. The Texture_max_load is back to 1024 ( I am positive I had changed it to 4096.). Perhaps something got commupted, I will first try rebooting my system and see if that works.

Sounds like an authentication issue. You can reinstall or open a ticket with PMDG support.