Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

AUTO THROTTLE DISENGAGE

Mats, I did not physically disconnect from the machine, but I disabled them by disabling the PFC module from loading within FSX. And yes the right power lever retarded to flight idle. My action for correcting this was to bring both levers back to flight idle (F1) and re-engage the AT switch and they came back online. One this particular flight it only happened once and it was in cruise.

So, the A/T moved only one throttle to idle, with the physical throttles disabled, then the thrust differential disarmed the A/T, is that what you saw? I did have the A/T controlmonly one throttle, but I blamed it on my physical throttles, but in your case they are not connected ( right?). Thanks, Bruce.
Yes Bruce that is what happened.....the throttles were disabled by removing the pfc.dll from the modules folder.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Gents- Not sure if I'm incorrect or correct. From what I understand it would appear you are hitting the small black button on the side of the throttle handles. This is not the Take off/Go around button. That button will simply disengage the auto throttle. The Take off/Go around button is located further up on the throttles. Also If you read the introduction documentation included it gives a suggestion regarding a auto throttle override. This option is set to never by default. This may not be related to exactly the problems you folks are experiencing. I would recommend reading the Introduction document included with the package. It will give you information on everything that needs to be configured to make sure the NGX works properly. -Nate

Simeon,

I did not physically disconnect from the machine, but I disabled them by disabling the PFC module from loading within FSX. And yes the right power lever retarded to flight idle. My action for correcting this was to bring both levers back to flight idle (F1) and re-engage the AT switch and they came back online. One this particular flight it only happened once and it was in cruise. Yes Bruce that is what happened.....the throttles were disabled by removing the pfc.dll from the modules folder.
I am thinking that disabling the PFC.dll will not completely disconnect the throttle inputs from FSX. I would suggest you try to completely isolate the H?W throttles by disconnecting them from the PC, start up FSX and see if you can replicate the problem. Hope it helps,

Sure mats I'll give that a go and report back in the morning....thanks

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

Mats,Ok I was able to verify that the initial problem was user induced. I have been verifying that both N1s are closely matched before engaging the AT switch. Now the AT dis-connection in flight I have been able to reproduce the problem with the PFC quad disconnected from the computer, however this appears to be sporadic. The 1st time that i noticed it I was using FSX's weather, I have run both scenarios (with and without wx). I did a flight last night which which was running FSX wx again, thunderstorms up thru FL260, and the right power lever did not revert to flight idle. I am off tomorrow so I will be playing with it again. I have also noticed another odd one. Note my throttle quads are properly calibrated - when I manually control the power levers and I bring the PFC quad back to flight idle the engines only come back to 35%, however if I press F1 it will continue to bring the engines back to 18%. Upon releasing the F1 ket the engines will go back to 35%. To query this possible problem I hooked up a CH products throttle quadrant and got the same results. maybe I should do some more digging in the manual to determine if this is normal. Thanks

Banner_MJC8.png

How do you resolve the imbalance issue so that it doesn't disengage again?